Las Vegas Urology LLP Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
This is an opportunity to join a growing and well-respected practice! Las Vegas Urology is currently seeking a detail-oriented Pharmacy Technician to join our team. Our employees work together supporting several clinics across the city and have been doing so for decades.
Las Vegas Urology offers a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life are paid at 100% for employee only effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- 401K and Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment
- PTO accrual
- 7 paid holidays
General Summary of Duties: Act as a patient advocate by ensuring that the patient's prescribed drug therapy is followed as prescribed. Meet patients' medical, social, and personal needs related to their pharmacy care plan. Coordinate patients' prescribed pharmacy care with their healthcare providers to ensure that drug therapy is successful.
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve them promptly.
- Understand the various challenges of specific diseases.
- Assist patients with their drug therapy and pharmacy care issues.
- Process new and refill prescriptions.
- Promote patients' drug compliance.
- Report all drug adverse events.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with physician/healthcare practices.
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient, insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other healthcare-related parties.
- Accept the full responsibility for the patient's pharmacy care plan.
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintain current notes and paperwork related to the patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan.
- Coordinate responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner that is consistent with corporate policies as well as state and federal laws.
- Conduct self in accordance with Las Vegas Urology's employee manual.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Assist with any and other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- 1-3 years' experience.
- Pass a drug test.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification A Plus
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and being able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to effectively present information to the patient and in small group situations.
- Dedicated to excellence and quality.
- Able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and "people" skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Able to pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands. Able to perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by touching with fingertips. Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling up to 10 pounds. Required to see objects at close vision and be able to identify and distinguish colors.
Las Vegas Urology LLP
AddressLas Vegas, NV
HealthcareView all jobs at Las Vegas Urology LLP