Prior Authorization Specialist
Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics Henderson, NV
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics, you will work in a friendly, teamwork-centric culture with an inspiring community focus and highly competitive benefits. By joining our rapidly growing family of dermatology practices and expansive network, you will be an integral part of a diverse workplace culture that provides your community with outstanding healthcare where transparency is embraced and practiced every day. In our workplace, what you do is essential to the growth and success of our company and no small task goes unnoticed. We value our employees, and we recognize all the hard work that goes into who we are.
Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics (LVSCC), a West Dermatology company, is searching for a Prior Authorization Specialist in Henderson, NV. The chosen candidate would have experience in the following:
· Filing requests for prior authorization for all insurances based upon plan or insurance contract
· Requesting, obtaining, and accurately documenting all prior authorizations or denials in a timely manner
· Obtaining information about patient insurance coverage, benefits and eligibility.
· Maintaining and updating internal listing of insurance carriers that require authorization
· Running system-generated reports to verify procedures requiring authorization are being captured
· Assisting with collection activities on accounts that involve prior authorization activity
· Coordinating with scheduling, back office, and front office on prior authorization activity
· Maintaining the strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and clinic requirements.
· Requires high school diploma or GED
· Minimum three years’ experience in a medical clinic, including a minimum of one year working with insurance claims and/or medical billing
· Must have thorough knowledge of insurance industry and operational procedures
· Requires attention to detail, knowledge of health insurance carrier operations, including third party administrators, fee schedules, and spectrum of health insurance products, including Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and HMO plans.
· Requires knowledge of health insurance benefits and application of same (co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance, out-of-pocket maximums, etc.)
· Skill in use of computer, including ability to utilize spreadsheets, ability to navigate internet and specific websites, and use of calculator.
· Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding practices with thorough understanding of dermatology-specific coding
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral format, and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
· Must have strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships
· Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member and to effectively communicate
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching is required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator, computer keyboard and mouse.
Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics
You will be surrounded by people who share in the commitment of serving our patients to the best of our abilities, each and every day, and who genuinely enjoy making a difference in the lives of our patients and fellow team members. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive West Dermatology experience for our patients while being responsible for various duties.
2285 Corporate Circle Drive Ste 200 HendersonHenderson, NV
EducationView all jobs at Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics