What will you do?
As a Program Associate, you will be involved in many aspects of the management of our entrepreneurial programs. These may include communicating with key stakeholders, planning key events in the cycle of each program year, and assisting with reports and other deliverables. You may travel to, and be associated with, key events organized by the program and may also interact with participating entrepreneurs.
You should expect to increase your knowledge of program/portfolio management, entrepreneurship, and the commercialization of emerging technologies in critical areas of human activity, including food and agriculture, cleantech and energy, and healthcare.
Marketing & Communications
- Social media development and maintenance
- Graphic design and copywriting (collateral, press releases etc.)
- Pitch deck development
- External Communications (email, MailChimp, Press Releases et al.)
- Meltwater: Manage media contacts. Execute on press releases. Manage Social Media campaigns and data.
- Content updates (using Contentful)
- Design feedback
What would my day look like?
Working under the Strategy Office at Larta, you will help to maintain Larta’s brand standards across all external communications through copywriting, graphic design, and strategic communications planning. The associate is responsible for the maintenance and curation of external communications measures including—but not limited to— social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), company websites, printed marketing materials, digital marketing (MailChimp) and press releases.
You will also support the Strategy Office’s business development efforts through the development of assets and collateral for company use. Additionally, the associate plays an important role in the planning for events and partnerships.
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and integrity
- Self-starter, able to quickly identify areas of improvement and provide actionable solutions
- Dynamic and willing to be flexible
- Motivated, dedicated and a team player
- Enthusiastic about entrepreneurs and innovation in the “hard” sciences
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. Candidate must be comfortable working in a very diverse, fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and website maintenance
- Ability to communicate and articulate well with executives inside and outside of the organization
- Experience in event coordination
As our Marketing & Brand Strategy (MBS) Associate, you should have excellent writing and communications skills, and an interest in projecting effective leadership and teamwork. You will have experience in social media management tools like Hoot Suite and/or Meltwater, work proficiently in the Adobe Creative Suite, and be familiar enough to work with Salesforce.
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or Graphic Design with 2 years of marketing/communications experience are preferred; experience in event planning, outreach, data analysis and public relations is a plus.
Salary range: $56,000 - $61,000
Employment Status: Exempt
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit with the following subject line: Larta Marketing & Brand Strategy Associate
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.