Sr. Architectural Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
About Larson Design Group
Larson Design Group (LDG) is an employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, and Surveying Firm. Since our founding in 1986, we’ve been teaming with clients nationwide to provide responsive, innovative solutions by offering an extraordinary depth and breadth of capabilities and embracing sustainable business practices. For more than 30 years, these principles have guided our work and laid the foundation for a robust growth that has elevated our aspirations even higher. From organizations both local and national in scope, we’re being recognized with awards and climbing the ranks of industry lists. We are expanding our footprint across the nation and looking to add more top talent to our team. We have fourteen office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Arizona, Oklahoma and Florida. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive benefits package, and continued professional development. Come join the excitement at LDG!
Impact and Opportunity:
The Senior Architectural Designer will apply intermediate to advanced architectural principles to complete design computations, prepare written technical reports, design plans, and details. This position will be expected to do work in an almost completely autonomous manner and may make significant project decisions based upon their level of expertise and manager’s approval. This position will be an expert in the use of all required software, will work under minimal supervision of senior staff, and is not required to be licensed.
- Writes specifications, reviews submittals, coordinates project submission, communicates with clients.
- Coordinates the preparation of advanced multi-discipline drawing sets as required for the assigned project. This includes coordination with technical, administrative and other design staff.
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverable and reduce design errors and omissions thereby resulting in a reduction in claims. Reviews and coordinates technical staff work prior to submission.
- Researches and understands code compliance requirements for assigned project.
- Is capable of independently creating simple standard details that might be required for a project under the guidance of the supervisor.
- Assists with and performs design calculations, calculates quantities, reviews technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Technical discipline preferred.
- Experience: Ten (10) + years of Architectural experience.
- Licensure: N/A
- Must have a strong desire to expand knowledge base and undertake new responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), be a strong communicator, and have strong presentation skills. Must also be self-motivating and able to mentor.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, Photoshop and other related software programs.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.
Powered by JazzHR
Larson Design Group
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Larson Design Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?