Laron INC. an OTP Industrial Solutions Company
OTC is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States. We employ a team of experts that prides itself on serving itself on offering technical solutions across a wide variety of industries: automotive, aerospace, energy, medical food and beverage, chemical processing, pulp and paper, steel, and utilities, amongst others. Our customers include many well-known companies such as: Toyota, Dupont, Dow, BP, GE, Pitney Bowes, Honeywell, Delph, Ford, Timken, Bayer and Dephi, amongst others. Our broad product portfolio includes industrial automation, electrical, fluid power, mechanical power transmissions, air compression, pumping systems, industrial finishes and fluid handling.
We employ over 1200 employees across more than 42 locations in more than 32 states.
Our size and strength give us the resources to drive continuous improvement and provide the best solutions of our clients. Our greatest strength is in the local decision-making of our people who have the flexibility to respond quickly to our client’s needs; putting local decision making in the employee’s hands.
We began in 1963 as a small Columbus, Ohio-based industrial distributor of mechanical power transmission equipment and pumps. From the very beginning, our company leaders stressed the importance of hiring and developing great people, treating them right and coupling their talents with a wide range of products from top vendors to provide customers with the best quality products and technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible costs. We have always believed that professional management and state-of-the-art operating and logistics systems are important to the success of the people we work with. While our product lines have expanded significantly over the years, our commitment to integrity and fairness in all transactions with customers, suppliers and associates has remained constant and allowed us to grow rapidly.
Join the winning team at OTC and watch your career grow! For more information visit www.otcindustrial.com
Ohio Transmission Corporation is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Laron's 30 year+ success story in heavy industrial machining and maintenance is made possible by the talent and dedication of our Employees. You will have a responsibility and stake in “keeping our customers in motion.” We maintain a business culture based on safety, integrity, and quality service and our success demands an ongoing team commitment to these core values.
Laron is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. it is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job related factors.
A Service Representative with Laron Incorporated is responsible for developing, maintaining and in some cases repairing customer relations with a designated group of customers. Service Representatives are typically the initial point of contact with customers, prospective customers and customer representatives, including managers, financial department representatives and often, vendor representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to identify targeted industries/customers, develop a sales strategy for the customer, market and successfully sell products to customers, communicate progress/needs/ideas to others service representatives, production managers and business managers at Laron Incorporated.
- Responsible for the development of quotations for the work, identifying the scope of proposed work to the production group, following the work progress and working in collaboration with production managers and Laron accounting personnel in preparing/approving billing for the customers work accomplished.
- In situations where customers are dissatisfied with service and/or warranty issues arise, the service representative will be primarily responsible for ensuring the customer relationship is maintained/restored.
- The service representative reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager. The Regional Sales Manager will provide performance appraisal, goal setting information and the required support to the Service Representatives.
- The nature of the Service Representatives work requires the representative to work independently, without supervision, relate well to all levels of customer organizations and in many cases work in unfamiliar environments. Service Representatives are required to travel extensively. All such travel shall be done in company vehicles at company expense.
- Interact with upper level management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by upper management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Service Representatives are expected to be proficient in several computer applications, which include: MS Word/Excel/Power Point/Live Meeting/Dynamics, and custom applications including the Laron Standard Quote Sheet, the Laron Sales Call Calendar and the Laron Timekeeping System.
- Extensive repair knowledge of crushers, HP, MP, Gyratory and Cone.
- Extensive repair knowledge of Mills, Rod, Ball, Auto and Sag
- Extensive repair knowledge of mine process equipment; Gearboxes and Pump
- Ability to read blueprints and a basic understanding of fabrication
- Basic knowledge of all products and services offered by Laron Incorporated
Credentials and Experience:
The minimum requirements include a combination of education and experience sufficient to function as Service Representatives in a profit driven technical organization. Minimum educational requirements include formal technical training or equivalent experience sufficient to perform required duties as determined by upper management.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work is performed in a variety of settings and environments both office and industrial.
- May be susceptible to repetitive motion injuries.
- Occasional exposure to an industrial atmosphere requiring strict adherence to established safety procedures.
- Light physical effort, (lifting file boxes and supplies up to 20 lbs), typical of any office environment, required
OTC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. OTC is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
OTC will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in USA. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Laron provides a full suite of benefits you would expect; medical, dental, vision, PTO, sick time, vacation, 401k, short/long term disability, annual bonus potential, and more. (Employee status eligibility and vesting periods apply to some benefits)
Laron is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job related factors.
The preceding job posting not a complete list of possible tasks since positions evolve with technology and customer needs. If necessary, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time.