Director of Finance- New York City Kids Rise
- Posted: over a month ago
The Company: New York City Kids Rise
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid remote position)
Status: Full time
Salary: $125K - $140K (commensurate with relevant experience)
The Director of Finance will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Chief of Administration and Finance. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, execution-oriented financial manager with a commitment to working in a mission-driven organization. The Director of Finance will lead and develop efforts to support accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and strategic planning, and will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and financial operations as NYC Kids RISE continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a growing, high-impact organization.
- Responsible for the oversight and overall management of financial operations of NYC Kids RISE.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting cycles of the organization in coordination with an external CPA, including but not limited to, oversight of accounts receivable & payable, general ledger review, and the creation/updating of financial reporting materials.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief of Administration and Finance.
- Monitor progress under all financial plans and budgets and keep the senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Develop financial models and sensitivity analyses, as needed, to evaluate strategic needs.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the senior leadership of NYC Kids RISE.
- Oversee the administration of insurance policies and risk management for the organization.
- Work closely with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants to maintain and advance NYC Kids RISE’s technical platform.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent financial operations as the organization scales.
- Support the further development of NYC Kids RISE’s human resources and administration functions by enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Assist in the delivery of a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding benefits and other employee supports.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience in comparable role(s); ideally 6+ years of broad financial management experience.
- Experience having final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in grants management from municipal/public sources.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NYC K
NYCKR encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Larnell Vickers Enterprises
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?