AV Rated Personal Injury and Criminal Defense Law Firm located in Tavares, Florida is seeking an experienced litigation legal assistant/paralegal with at least 5 years experience.
The ideal candidate must be organized and detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task. This position requires an independent person who can work without supervision and within the parameters of the assigned tasks to ensure that work is completed timely and correctly.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
* Opening and closing case files; establishing calendars; expediting requirements and deadlines; documenting actions.
* Develop cases by scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints and discovery; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
* Manage cases by preparing case summaries, brochures for mediation conferences, exhibits, and related correspondence; scheduling mediation conferences and hearings; drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; initiating and maintaining contact with adjusters and opposing counsel.
* Help clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
* Scheduling and calendaring
* Requesting medical records and bills
* Corresponding with clients, providers and opposing counsel.