Biopharmaceuticals company is looking for a Director of Hematology Scientific and Medical Affairs. The Director of Medical Affairs will have accountability and responsibility for strategic projects across the product portfolio. This person will identify and will develop relationships with KOLs ensuring access to current medical and scientific information on company products and therapeutic areas of interest as well as provide medical and scientific expertise and support to global and commercial functions within the organization via effective scientific exchange. This position reports to the VP, Medical Affairs, and based in the New Jersey corporate home-office with travel. Full-time with benefits.
· Manage a team of Medical Science Liaisons in specific regions.
· Development and maintenance of strong academic and stakeholder relationships via effective scientific exchange
· Partner with global colleagues for product/research development projects and strategy
· Collaborate and contribute to the design and development of medical/scientific presentation materials, training, and educational programs
· Develop strategies and tactics to accommodate academic, clinical, and scientific support for advisory boards, congresses, conventions, symposia
· Identify and develop internal medical affairs information technology platforms to enhance efficiency
· Respond in a timely and effective manner to medical and product information requests
· Provide internal and external scientific training/presentations; maintaining all hematology training curricula and resources up-to-date.
· Ensure to compliance of Medical Affair activities
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date referenced responses for most commonly asked medical, scientific questions/maintain a library of literature and information resources
· Ability to maintain a high level of ethical and compliance standards
· Attend scientific/medical/professional meetings for educational purposes and provide support as required ~ 30% travel is expected for this position
· Advanced degree in the medical/pharmaceutical sciences (PharmD, Ph.D., MD, NP, PA)
· 3+ years related industry experience or clinical experience in Hematology
· MBA, commercial experience or medical marketing, a plus but not mandatory
· Understanding of industry compliance guidelines
· Knowledge of drug surveillance, product promotion, and the legal aspects of product information
· Blood disorders; rare diseases clinical work experience a plus
- Relocation Benefits Provided