This manufacturing and process control engineer will work closely with Product Design Engineering and Quality Assurance to develop, implement and maintain the manufacturing and assembly processes for products manufactured and assembled on the line.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop tooling, assembly processes and line designs to support a lean production environment including Kanban replenishment methodologies.
- Work with design engineers on bills of material, change management and configuration control of new and existing products.
- Ensure a seamless transition from prototype to fully developed products to support steady state production.
- Review 3D models and prints for accuracy and manufacturability.
- Work with Quality Assurance to improve process control using statistical methods to maintain low or zero defects on the line. Develop and control trouble shooting methodologies and data.
- Work collaboratively with mechanical engineers including participating in design reviews on regular basis.
- Analyze performance data to identify continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize lean/six sigma principles to implement efficiency improvements and maintain the gains.
- Develop, implement, and manage assembly instructions for the production line. Manages assembly document revision and change control.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Practical, hands-on experience with equipment, machining, and fabrication.
- Prior experience with GD&T and Design of Experiments a plus.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication (oral and written), and time management skills.
- Individual must be creative, self-motivated, and an independent thinker.
- Six Sigma (green / black belt) or Kaizen experience a plus.
- Prior project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete on time.
- Microsoft Office and 3D CAD modeling experience required, SolidWorks preferred.
- Aptitude for detail with the ability to work in a team environment required.
- Firearm and ammunition experience along with a knowledge of the shooting sports industry strongly preferred.
- Considering Junior and Senior level candidates. Prior experience as a design engineer a plus.
- Experience with robotics and vision systems a plus.
- Some travel required.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.