Primary Purpose of Position:
The Loan Servicing Specialist position is responsible for the accurate and timely booking of consumer, construction, and commercial term loans. This includes setting up automatic payments, completing loan maintenance, and processing loan transactions. Additional duties include monitoring loan ticklers to ensure adequate insurance coverage is in place and obtaining annual documents required under the terms of each loan agreement. The position will interact with customers, branch staff, loan officers, underwriters, loan processors, and insurance companies on a regular basis.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Book consumer, construction, and commercial term loans.
- Perform check back on those loans booked by others in the department ensuring adherence to the terms of the loan documents.
- Verify adequate hazard insurance coverage is in place and paid o properties for escrowed and non-escrowed loans. Communicate with insurance companies and customers to obtain new or renewed policy information and force place insurance in accordance with bank standards. Notify borrowers when annual documents such as tax returns and financial statements come due under the term of their Loan Agreement and maintain the tickler system.
- Perform loan maintenance to include address changes, setting up automatic payments, and updating ticklers.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience working in an office setting and data entry required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal business partners and external customers
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to perform independently in setting objectives and determining how to proceed
- Intermediate understanding of commercial and consumer loan structures
- Ability to research moderately complex issues
- Working knowledge of federal and state compliance laws and regulations including a proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Large Banking Company
Why Work Here?
Amazing culture, great work environment and lots of room to grow! You can stay in this company for the long run and build a career here.