Milieu Residential Counselor - Weekend
Laradon Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready to start looking forward to 2021? Are you thinking of new goals and a new start? Would you like to check off “find a new opportunity” with your 2021 resolutions? Do you want to work in a fulfilling and supportive work environment and give back to your community?
If you answered yes, we think you’re going to like the opportunity we have below…
Our Residential Counselor will work at Laradon’s Calabrese Youth Center, a recent addition to the Laradon campus, which provides 24-hour residential treatment (10 bed facility), ages 11-18. The youth have been identified with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health trauma. As a RC, your job is to act as a positive role model and champion for them. You will coach them on life skills training, provide support, and ensure their health and safety. Most importantly, you teach them the tools they need to increase their independent living skills and help them reach their full potential, so they can lead successful, satisfying, and healthy lives.
How you will make a difference…
- Provide direct youth care and 24-hour supervision on Laradon’s 9.2-acre campus, which is equipped with a playground, gymnasium, kitchen, dining areas, and laundry facilities
- Implement behavior programs designed by Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Licensed Clinical Counselors and Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Plan and implement daily activity schedule and recreational activities; including trips to recreation centers, bowling, and swimming
- Train and assist youth with; personal hygiene (e.g. brushing teeth, getting dressed), domestic duties (e.g. cooking, cleaning), and community resources (e.g. banks, RTD).
- Oversee the health and welfare of youth and report any concerns
- Supervise and assist the youth with medications
- Participate and collaborate in meetings with other disciplines such as clinical counseling, occupational therapy, & applied behavior analysis on student success and safety
- Implement procedures for behavioral crises intervention (both verbal and non-verbal) and physical management
- Keep facilities clean, safe and orderly
- Drive youth to appointments/programs
What we’re looking for from you…
- Superstar communicator – Able to communicate and listen well with youth, staff, and the community
- Brains – Minimum of two years of experience with developmentally disabled children/youth with high emotional/behavior disorders
- Mindset – Compassionate, caring, energetic, and flexible
- Safe on wheels – Responsible, reliable driver with a valid and clean driving license
- Super strength - Able to exert/lift up to 50 pounds of force
- Must be QMAP certified or willing to get this certification
- Must be 21 years or older
What we offer you…
- Schedule and hours: (Fri, Sat, Sun) or (Sat, Sun, Mon) 6am - 8pm (3-14 hour shifts)
- Hourly rate of $18.75 for weekend shift
- Paid on-the-job training
- Medical/Dental/Vision after 60 days
- Short term disability
- 401(k) + 4% match after 6 months
- Time and a half pay on scheduled holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 16 days per year
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Development, job growth, and internal training opportunities
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, supportive, and rewarding environment alongside other Laradon staff – one where everyone is truly appreciated!
- CDC and CDPHE office protocols to ensure the safety and welfare of all employees
What you need to know…
- As Laradon is a small employer and employees work in a collaborative and team environment, our school employees must be physically present in the office to perform different job functions. Additionally, as a service provider, our instructional methods under our services model require the work to be performed on campus.
Who we are…
Laradon was the first-ever private, non-profit organization in the Rocky Mountain Region to offer support, education, and training to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have 15 person-centered programs including a training center for people seeking the opportunity to expand their work and life skills, a school for children with special needs, and housing for people in need of a home.
We strive to be the best in our industry and have gained national recognition as an innovator of education and training services for children and adults with special needs. We help this incredible population realize their full potential, contribute to the community, and become valued members of society. We are proud to be a Finalist in the Denver Metro Chamber Business Awards for Larger Non-Profit Organization of the Year.
Laradon staff work extremely hard, are challenged every day and play a key role in shaping the wellbeing of individuals receiving services. If you genuinely care about providing individuals with a sense of direction and hope, then you will get huge satisfaction from this role. Your influence will not only impact the lives of our individuals but the community as a whole.
In order to provide excellent, culturally competent services to our adults, students, guests, and staff/employees, it is of the highest importance that our hiring practices reflect our values by offering an environment that celebrates diversity and embraces inclusion. All of our team members – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, language, abilities/disabilities, veteran status, religion, citizenship, socioeconomic status, geographic region, or other defining characteristics – should feel a sense of belonging and value. We applaud everyone.
Integrity | Respect | Inclusion | Accountable | Empowerment
Powered by JazzHR