- Posted: over a month ago
FLSA: Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Mount Prospect, IL (onsite)
This role of Manufacturing Engineer involves a combination of engineering skills, attention to detail, communication, and the ability to coordinate tasks across multiple departments in a machine tool manufacturing organization. This individual will be required to coordinate among the engineering, production, and procurement teams on a regular basis to maintain accurate documentation, solve manufacturing issues, resolve supply chain concerns, and provide inputs to new product designs. Requirements include a minimum of a B.S. degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field of study, and 2+ years of relevant experience with machine tools or semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, especially when interacting with customers.
- Design and document improvements to mechanical systems, including hydraulics and fluidics when needed, for machine tools and automated wafer processing equipment.
- Maintain accurate bills of materials (BOM) for current products and work as part of the engineering team to ensure that all drawings and material specifications are up to date.
- Coordinate with procurement and purchasing teams to manage supply chain concerns.
- Assist manufacturing and assembly teams by documenting procedures and problem solving when needed to improve methods for fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Apply principles of mechanics, vibration, stress analysis and FEA, thermodynamics, and knowledge of materials to meet design goals and/or resolve production issues.
- Confirm system capabilities by generating and interpreting appropriate test data.
- Provide relevant inputs to future product designs based on experience, observations, research, customer requirements, materials knowledge, and engineering perspective.
- Work with quality assurance team to confirm and document product quality.
- Improve upon current product designs by reducing cost and increasing reliability when feasible.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure products meet business objectives and compliance standards.
- Assist with resolution of customer issues (field and virtual support) and special requests.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in machine tools or semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate and proficient in use of Microsoft software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Lapmaster International, LLC is a leading international precision machine tool builder headquartered in Chicago’s Northwest suburbs near O’Hare Airport. Our diverse team works with a broad variety of industries and technologies. Our technical expertise includes Motion Control, Robotics, Automation, Machine Design, and Application Engineering. Our customers include small, mid-sized and Fortune 100 companies in a variety of industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Semiconductor, Electronics, Bearings, Optics/Electro-optics, Pumps, Valves, Compressors, and Medical Devices. Our business model is to utilize leading technologies and exceptional engineering talent coupled with outstanding customer service to solve manufacturing and precision machining problems.
Since 1948, industry has relied on Lapmaster to solve the most challenging precision surfacing problems. With over 60 years of experience, Lapmaster has a proven history of successfully developing cost effective processing solutions for virtually any application requiring precision sizing, flatness, parallelism, roundness, straightness, or surface finish. Lapmaster serves the Fine Grinding, Advanced Materials, Precision Optics, Bore Honing and Finishing, Lapping/Polishing and Metallographic markets through an expanding network of sales and services offices located throughout the world. Sales and technical service is available either through local Lapmaster Sales Representative or through our main Sales and Technical Services Centers located in Mount Prospect, IL, Plymouth, UK, Chennai, India, Tokyo, Japan and Shenyang, China.
Competitive Benefits Package for Full Time employees:
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical Insurance (Company contribution for Dependents)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life & AD&D
- Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)
It is the policy at Lapmaster International to provide equal employment opportunities and affirmative action to all qualified individuals. All personnel actions, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion of persons in all job titles, are administered without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, and all employment decisions are based solely on valid job requirements. In addition, employees and applicants are protected from harassment, threats, coercion, intimidation, or discrimination
EEO is the Law (English)
Lapmaster International, LLC (aka Precision Surfacing Solutions) “the Company” has an internal recruiting function. The Company may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters (Agency). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact employees of the Company directly in an attempt to present candidates. The Company’s policy is for the internal recruiting team or other authorized personnel to present ALL candidates to hiring managers. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Lapmaster International, LLC from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Company mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Company employees, or to the resume database will be considered Company property. Lapmaster International LLC, will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Lapmaster International LLC, will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressMount Prospect, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Lapmaster Wolters