- Posted: over a month ago
Veterinarians at Lap of Love make a difference in their community by helping pets pass with dignity in the comfort of their home. Our doctors are compassionate, adaptable, self-motivated, and appreciate connection with others. Our culture is devoted to creating a supportive and encouraging atmosphere where our doctors can thrive, both professionally and personally. We would love the opportunity to explore how becoming a Lap of Love veterinarian could change your life!
Working at Lap of Love is like no other experience in veterinary medicine. Our doctors love what they do because they benefit from:
- Gratitude and appreciation in every single appointment.
- The freedom of not being tied down to an office.
- Comprehensive training and ongoing mentorship.
- Improved work-life balance.
- Schedule flexibility with 1-5 day-a-week work options.
- Most appointments occuring between 9 am 5 pm.
- Having more time to make an impact with an average of 3-4 appointments per day.
- Fulfilling work with a supportive, family-like culture.
- Practice Managers who act as their quality-of-life advocates.
- An active community of 250+ doctors who collaborate, support one another, and enjoy having fun!
- Providing in-home euthanasia and hospice care to geriatric and terminally ill pets.
- Guiding families with end-of-life decisions
- Visiting veterinary clinics to build relationships within the community and to serve as an extension of the excellent care provided by local practices.
Physical and other job requirements
- Veterinarians are required to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and up to 100 lbs assisted.
- Veterinarians must be able to walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, stoop, stand, and reach consistently during the workday.
- Prolonged periods of sitting while driving.
- A valid driver's license and a well-maintained vehicle.
- Working knowledge of smartphones, tablets/computers, GPS, and digital medical records.
- Veterinarians must have manual dexterity, fine motor skills, and the ability to keep their hands steady while using medical tools.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Retirement Plan (Traditional 401k with 3% match and Roth 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D)
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Parental Leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Training and Development
- Wellness Resources (Mental, Financial, and Physical)
- Pet Insurance
Lap of Love
AnimalView all jobs at Lap of Love