Want to start a career in printing with a great opportunity to be trained and mentored? Want to work with great people and an amazing team? Want to be part of creating memorable moments that people want to capture?
Here’s your deal.
We are looking for candidates who love to be challenged, are eager to learn and who have an interest in printing cool and unique products.
Lantern Press is a Seattle based company that specializes in creating unique images and evolving artwork that can be designed and customized to highlight the best scenes of our country and printed on various products that people can purchase from some of the finest travel and tourist destinations across the country, as well as from a variety of premium retailers.
It’s all about the image with us, and we are all about the quality of our creations. Speaking of quality, we are growing year over year and are looking for top quality people to join our team and be part of this success story.
We are located in the SoDo District, have plenty of free parking and provide full benefits.
In this entry level role of Printing Press Operator, you will be trained to operate machinery to create high quality printed products at a fast pace. Machinery ranges from a full color, large format flatbed digital printer to direct to garment (DTG) digital apparel printers. You will be responsible for maintaining quality and quantity standards. This position is day shift starting at 7:00 am Monday through Friday, with the possibility of overtime. Openness to eventually working a second shift a plus.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- Eager to learn how to operate and maintain a variety of print machinery
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Come to work with a great attitude
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job (see below)
- We are excited to train the right person, but experience working in a manufacturing environment, working with industrial equipment or screen printing/DTG apparel printing experience is required
- Exposure or experience printing art and/or working with art tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Onyx Rasterlink, etc preferred
- Experience running large format digital printers or computer driven machinery a plus
- Proven track record of meeting goals and deadlines
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving
- Must have reliable and punctual attendance
- Able to work standing in a assembly/warehouse environment for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to reach and bend to load and unload printers
- Able to use a dolly to move boxes of product
Check us out at www.lanternpress.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer