Want to work with great people and great art? Want to be part of creating memorable moments that people want to capture? Want to manage projects that require your attention to detail, creativity, ability to get things done and delight your customers and colleagues? Here’s your deal.
Lantern Press is a Seattle based company, located in SODO that specializes in creating unique images and evolving artwork that can be designed and customized to highlight the best scenes of our country and printed on various products that people can purchase from some of the finest travel and tourist destinations across the country, as well as from a variety of premium retailers.
It’s all about the image with us, and we are all about the quality of our creations. Speaking of quality, we are growing year over year and are looking for top quality people to join our team and be part of this success story.
Want to talk about art, have soul, but focus on details and deadlines, and work with precision and diligence? Take a look at the job below and apply.
Lantern Press is looking for an exceptional Graphic Designer (Illustration, Design, Lettering, and Trend for Consumer Products) to join their creative team. In this role you will be responsible for creating mood boards and collections of original artwork, in a variety of artistic styles, for our products in order to WOW our range of clients. You will be surrounded by a creative team that collaborates with business savvy and intelligence. Lantern Press is the industry leader in the wholesale B2B channel supplying the best quality products paired with one-of-a-kind imagery. As a full service art company, we focus on market disruption through fine art imagery in an underserved market. Domestic production, POD methodologies, and a focus on independent retailers has given us a strong foothold. If you are interested in a working environment surrounded by great artwork, creative people, and also want to be part of the disruption our business brings to the marketplace, then this is the place to be. Plus, we’re located in slow and easy SoDo District, home of free parking and some of the best BBQ places in Seattle.
Here’s what you can expect from Lantern Press:
• A culture that supports failure– test, learn, and grow through the process.
• Honesty and Integrity. It’s more important than short-term profit.
• Continuous improvement. It’s fundamental to our culture.
• An open office environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration.
• Leadership that is invested in your learning and development.
• The ability to shape the direction of our customer experiences; finding new and creative ways to solve complex problems.
• Joining a team that is responsible for defining and leading art industry standards.
The Graphic Designer (Illustration, Design, Lettering, and Trend for Consumer Products) will contribute to the deepening of our strong reputation in the art world by creating mood boards, and collections of original artwork, in a variety of artistic styles, for our products in order to WOW our range of clients - all while balancing feedback from the Creative Director and the sales team. Reporting to the Creative Director.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
• Experience in creating art and design for consumer products.
• An appreciation for both historical art and design, as well as what’s now and trending.
• Ability to flex natural color eye in order to create compelling artwork collections for a variety of clients.
• Curiosity and openness that drives them to learn, ask questions, and continuously grow in their understanding of our business as well as their artistic skillset.
• Effective communicator who thrives in cross-functional collaboration.
• Self-starter and problem solver who keeps projects moving in order to meet deadlines.
• Humble and hungry creative who is excited about our brand and the locations we serve.
• Egoless team player who is willing to pitch in and help out the team when needed, even if tasks are outside of one’s usual scope.
• A “can-do” attitude – positive, professional, and displays grace and diplomacy under pressure.
• Coachable designer who sees feedback as an opportunity for growth and an opportunity for open conversation.
• Thrives in an environment of change, growth and moving forward.
• Organized, comfortable with a fast-paced workflow, and excellent time management skills to meet assigned deadlines and perform within SLA.
• Create mood boards, collections of artwork, and product lines in order to create a covetable range of products.
• Interest and desire to research what’s hot and trending in art, design, color, and consumer product and is able to translate those trends into art and design that works for our industry brand.
• Ability to create original artwork in a variety of styles as well as the ability to research and have accuracy in designs - to service our range of clients and their locations.
• Ability to sketch, concept, ideate, and produce new concepts and ideas quickly.
• Appreciation for art and design within different era’s, and the ability to research and create artwork in a similar vein.
• Ability to replicate some artistic styles that are the foundation of our brand.
• Typography skills including font choice, hand-lettering, and incorporating fonts into artwork in a natural, complimentary way.
Reports to the Creative Director
Peer colleague to other graphic designers and production designers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in creating mood boards, art and design for consumer products
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and Photoshop
• An understanding of art history.
• Contribute to a culture of creativity, open dialog, and fun
• Proven communication skills, written and verbal required
• Visual problem solver, dissecting information and delivering great artwork and designs
• Attention to detail and habitual follow-up
• Process focused, using organization and critical thinking to bring improvement
• Team player with a generalist approach to the role, capable of wearing multiple hats
• A producer with high work ethic and focused loyalty to the company’s health
• Demonstrate curiosity in problem solving and resolution
• Organization and time management skills in order to manage your schedule so you can meet multiple deadlines
• Attention to detail for accuracy in artwork creation
• Familiarity with PC computer use including MS Office
• Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances
• Ability to understand and relate to diverse groups
Prior Related Experience
Minimum of 3 years of graphic design or illustration experience.
Previous experience with branded consumer product.
Education & Training
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
Masters in Fine Arts or equivalent
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position
Office environment, able to work on computer and phone for long periods of time. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
About Lantern Press:
At Lantern Press, we strive to bring you the best quality products paired with one-of-a-kind imagery. We are proud to be a full-service art company that offers Printed and Assembled in USA products. We will be happy to work with you to create a custom program unique to your location.