Lansing Area AIDS Network Lansing, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $42,000- 30 hours a week
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this person is responsible for the financial operations of the agency. The Accountant conducts all routine accounting, payroll, benefits, and reporting functions, including; preparation of reimbursement requests (Financial Status Reports) from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) as well as documentation required from other agency funding sources, monthly financial reports, agency budgets and budget proposal as necessary to complete various Requests For Proposals from MDHHS and other funding sources, assists the Executive Director, Managers, and Coordinators during routinely scheduled MDHHS site visits, prepares documents as necessary for site visits and schedule audits, works with and supports, the contracted auditor for annual agency audits, serves as the staff liaison to the Finance Committee and the Board Treasurer, and supports staff members in the provision of financial assistance.
- Process payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, and checking account reconciliations.
- Write checks as necessary to conduct agency operations and to provide emergency financial assistance to clients as approved by the Executive Director, Managers, or Coordinators. Secures the signature of the authorized signers as necessary to execute those checks.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, prepare and submit monthly grant reimbursement reports to all funding sources, prepare and submit Federal; State; and City withholding taxes and FICA as required. Prepares other State and Federal payroll and unemployment reports as required.
- Provide administrative staff and program managers with financial updates as necessary.
- Provide assistance and support to the independent auditor for the purposes of completing the annual agency audit.
- Provide financial reports as necessary for the Board of Directors and serves as staff support for the Finance Committee and the Board Treasurer.
- Work with the Executive Director in developing annual agency budgets as well as the creation of budgets as necessary for the execution of contracts and the submission of various funding proposals in response to a variety of Requests for Proposals.
- Assist with data management and reporting services as necessary to conduct agency business and to attend to contractual obligations.
- Basic accounting processes and accounting software and spreadsheet applications
- Research, data analysis, and report preparation techniques.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Correct oral and written English usage.
- Business correspondence.
- Standard office practices, including the operation of office equipment.
A Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field is preferred, however, other combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
Two (2) years of progressively more responsible experience in financial administration and accounting.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, Simple IRA matching, paid holidays, and paid time off.
This description intends to identify the major duties and requirements of the job and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related duties other than those outlined above and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge for successful job performance.
Lansing Area AIDS NetworkWhy Work Here?
Great organization helping those living with HIV in our community.
913 W. Holmes Rd. Ste. 115Lansing, MI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Lansing Area AIDS Network