Food & Beverage Administrative
- Posted: May 22, 2022
The Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to all resort Food & Beverage outlets. The Administrative Assistant will take on the responsibility of the associate relations of outlet staff. S/he will act as a liaison between Human Resources and F&B team members. S/he will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
The Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant will always conduct him/herself in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
The Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Lansdowne Resort Culture as well as promoting Lansdowne Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
- Prepares work schedules
- Prepares PO’s for each outlet
- Processes overtime approvals
- Prepares forecasts for each outlet
- Prepares weekly SOP’s and training materials
- Orders uniforms
- Develops new associate on boarding schedules
- Menu typing / printing for all food and beverage outlets ( including having those published on the website and intranet in timely manner)
- Assist with marketing pieces internal and outside ( Twitter and Facebook updates, blogs)
- Responsible for processing payroll and monitoring time corrections in Timesaver
- Monitors and ensures proper compliance with tip claiming sheets and minor break logs
- Picks up paychecks, manages distribution and returns folder to payroll
- Updates status forms for associates with multi job codes
- Manages times off requests and availability sheets
- Manages LMS standards and updates seasonal standards
- Attend weekly LMS meetings
- Upkeep of Contests/ Events/ Promos on spreadsheets
- Ordering of office supplies
- Assists with checkbook management
- Assists manager with new hire and termination paperwork
- Keeps training manuals updated/ assist with service standard classes
- Attends mandatory department meetings and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Reports any needed repair in SMS work order
- First day packages( manual, menu’s etc.) for new associates / uniforms
- Inventory of uniforms
- Printing of PAF’s for associates
- Keeps current and accurate associate attendance log
- Acts as the Manager on Duty in manager’s absence
- Manages safety binders updated and approves weekly safety topics
- Communicates all pertinent information to the outlet teams
- Assist with service standard testing
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Follows through on lost and found procedures
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet company driving standards
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have excellent leadership skills
- Must be a positive example for staff
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Employees who are hired at Lansdowne Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged sedentary work. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Two or four year degree in hospitality related field preferred
At least one year Food & Beverage experience required
At least one year of customer service experience required
At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
Prior hospitality experience preferred
At least six months POS system experience preferred
Prior cash handling experience required
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic mathematic functions.
FoodView all jobs at Lansdowne Resort