- Expired: May 29, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Receiving Specialist is responsible for assisting with all receiving, storage and issuing of all food, beverage and non-food items. Responsible for the proper logging of incoming and outgoing packages (ie. Fed Ex, UPS, etc.). Responsible for ensuring those goods are received per specifications and all items are issued per requisitions. Additionally, the cleanliness, sanitation, safety and orderly condition of the storerooms is a direct and daily responsibility.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Anticipate internal and external guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all internal and external guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive internal and external guest relations at all times.
• Resolve internal and external guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
• Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
• Comprehend purchasing vocabulary.
• Maintain knowledge of standard specifications.
Daily checks the mail room for necessary items.
Pack, unpack, count, weigh and measure materials, supplies and equipment upon receipt.
• Establish relationships with vendors.
• Check prices.
• Receive department's purchase requisitions.
• Assist in determining department's needs and communicate those needs to supervisor.
• Receive authorization before ordering, if applicable.
• Check goods received.
• Assist in handling discrepancies, projects, improvements
• Check storeroom and stocks.
• Maintain package log book.
• All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
• Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
• Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
• Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
• Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged standing, moving, lifting or transportation of materials up to 50lbs such as boxes, equipment, food product, etc. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in hospitality management preferred.
Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal. Provide legible communication and directions.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic mathematic functions.
Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Lansdowne Resort and Spa