Conference Floor Attendant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Conference Services Floor Attendant is responsible primarily for assisting in setting-up rooms to specified standards, refreshing when directed and clean-up of all conference and banquet functions.
• Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
• Prepares all conference & banquet space prior to events
• Tears down all conference & banquet space after events
• Know the names and locations of every function room
• Follows Conference & Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail
• Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
• Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
• Maintains the cleanliness of conference & banquet storage rooms
• Assembles dance floors
• Arranges buffets, stages and podiums
• Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
• Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
• Communicates all pertinent information to the Conference Floor team
• Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
• Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
• Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule
• Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all property dress code standards
• Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
• Performs other duties as assigned
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged standing and moving, lifting or transporting materials up to 100 lbs such as tables, chairs, boxes, etc. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required.
Banquet or Conference Services experience. Prior experience within a four star hotel brand preferred.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to learn and utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic mathematic functions.
Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Lansdowne Resort and Spa