Network Operations Engineer
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for network infrastructure, including configuration, installation, maintenance, cybersecurity and operation of all network equipment, fiber optic and copper cable plants and the data center. This is accomplished by performing network security and intrusion prevention/detection services, backing up the network and business continuity systems, implementing technology improvements, methods, and practices to enhance network systems response times, reliability, and scalability, installing, documenting, and implementing new equipment and methods, and troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving network and server related problems.
Manages network and server operations by administering network, cyber security, data communications, video surveillance systems, and server operations, monitoring the system status, diagnosing and resolving technically challenging and difficult problems in the network operations unit, provisioning new switches, servers, and routers, and implementing, troubleshooting, upgrading, documenting and maintaining applications.
Assumes administrative tasks by managing projects, writing performance and failure reports, developing and documenting district procedures, researching new technologies and maintaining knowledge currency with industry technology advancements.
· Respond to all alerts in Managed Threat Detection & Response (MTDR) system.
· Monitor End Point protection system to assure cyber hygiene and apply tools as needed to measure and monitor incidents or potential exploits.
· Conduct investigations of potential or actual cyber security events and document risks to leadership.
· Write after action reports to communicate any incidents, risks or security events of systems.
Assist in the implementation and maintenance of cyber security solutionsRequirements:
· Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems preferred
· Three to seven years’ experience in network, server and/or data center operations
· Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Citrix and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure and Microsoft Cloud technology
· Advanced knowledge of Citrix and Microsoft Platform Integrations
· Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Application Integrations phone system (call routing, voicemail)
· Customer Service Contact Center including Finesse and Call Recording
· Motorola Radios (safety, transit, bus, train)
· Station PA, Informacast
· Virtual Infrastructure (servers and storage), Server Administration and
· Storage Administration
· Network Devices Configuration and Implementation
· Data Backup & Recovery
Language World Services, Inc.Rancho Cordova, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.