At Lang & Schwander we are looking into hiring an Interior Designer for our Miami office. Our ideal candidate is a general go-getter, who likes to be involved and goes the extra mile on his everyday projects. We are looking into hiring a team player candidate, who is driven by brainstorming with others, is creative and thinks ahead.
Position: full time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Location: Miami, 33138
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Able to work in the US
- Formal Degree in Architecture or Design
- Has strong knowledge of industry standards including building codes and ADA requirements (US)
- Advanced in specifying materials from FF&E Library accurately for commercial use.
- Has strong knowledge of furniture and millwork construction and detailing.
- Has strong knowledge of the Design Process and requires little oversight and guidance to complete a task.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of work experience in Design Related Field. Hospitality/commercial experience will be prioritized.
- Leads team in creating and maintaining Design Documents
- Leads team in creation of Client presentation
- Leads team in creation and compilation of Specification Documents
- Guides team in finding contract grade materials, fixtures and furniture
- Is able to reach out to product vendors to obtain pricing and lead time information
- Guides team in finding images for client presentation and mood boards.
- Is responsible of managing small team through project process, fostering a supportive environment and mentoring junior staff.
- Provides Design Director updates on project progress and completion.
- Leads the team through Construction Administration, reviewing shop drawings, answering RFIs and attending site visits as required.
We are looking into hiring ASAP! Please submit your resume (only if you have the experience and skills required) and portfolio (if you have). We can't wait to meet you!