Site guys/ Masonry
- Posted: December 24, 2022
We are looking for a skilled, experienced mason who can cut, dress and lay stone, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings. Their responsibilities include texturing and polishing blocks of stone, installing dressed stone, mixing cement and mortar, and restoring old and damaged masonry works.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands. Ideal candidates will have completed a three-year apprenticeship, and will be physically fit and able.
- Maintaining tools and workspaces.
- Cutting, shaping and dressing materials.
- Lifting, carrying and placing prepared blocks.
- Reading and following technical drawings.
- Training apprentices.
- Mixing cement and mortar.
- Restoring old and worn masonry.
- Ability to operate a skid steer and mini excavator
- Ability to pour and finish concrete
- Ability to hand dig trenches as needed
Lane Valente Industries
ConstructionView all jobs at Lane Valente Industries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?