- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities
The core duties and responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant revolve around supporting others. Their job duties can vary widely, not just from job to job, but from day to day at the same job. On any given day, they may perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Answer phones
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Some billing experience a plus
- Knowledge within the commercial construction field is a plus
In order to perform their various duties, an Administrative Assistant must exhibit many varied skills and qualifications. At the core, the Administrative Assistant is a support position, meaning that communications and decision-making are paramount. A few of the specific skills that all administrative assistants should possess include:
- Decision-making: Administrative Assistants have to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communications and collaboration: An Administrative Assistant must collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management and clients on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills: Organization and prioritization are the core elements of the Administrative Assistant's responsibilities. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important in a given list.
- Writing: Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are essential to an Administrative Assistant, who must be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical to education and more.
- Computer skills a must
Company offers full medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits.
Powered by JazzHR
Lane Valente Industries
AddressEast Windsor Hill, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Lane Valente Industries
Get fresh Assistant Administrative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.