Lane Enterprises Inc. Ballston Spa, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
· Transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants and job sites.
· Manage daily driver’s electronic log, plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
· Comply with Department of Transportation rules and regulations for size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods as well as with company policies and procedures.
· Perform required pre and post trip vehicle inspections for mechanical items and safety issues. Must also perform vehicle fueling and basic preventative maintenance required to keep Lane’s assets in legal and working condition.
· Must maintain truck, trailer and securement devices in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
· Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions and must obey all yard and worksite safety rules.
· Couple and uncouple semi-trailers as required.
· Secure load to DOT requirements and tarp when required.
· Report defects, accidents or violations to your immediate supervisor.
· Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to drive up to 11 hours per day, be on duty and travel regularly within DOT Hours of Service, rules.
· Ability to lift, up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to climb, and work on the trailers to assist loading and unloading.
· Must be able to throw securement straps or chains over the load to secure as needed.
· Must be able to bend and stoop to facilitate loading and unloading the truck.
· Must be licensed on and able to drive trucks with manual transmissions.
· Must be able to utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment required for each job task (Steel toed shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, hard hat).
· Proven work experience as a Commercial Truck Driver, including 2 years verifiable driving experience and be 23 years of age.
· Drivers licensed in New York will need to have or acquire a “Coil” Certification.
· Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
· Current CDL Drivers License and DOT drivers physical card.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment and random DOT drug and alcohol testing as well as 3-year motor vehicle check (MVR).
· No “major violations” as defined as FMCSA.
· No serious violations in the last 5 years as defined by FMCSA.
· Two or less preventable commercial accidents in the last 3 years.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
Lane offers a generous benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Pension plan, Flexible Spending, Company paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, potential for advancement, paid time off, annual bonus, annual increases.
Lane Enterprises is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Lane Enterprises Inc.Why Work Here?
Great Company Culture, Opportunity for Growth & Exceptional Benefits
As a full-line manufacturer of metal and HDPE plastic drainage products, Lane Enterprises, Inc. operates 13 plants throughout the Country, producing corrugated metal and plastic drainage pipe for the construction industry. Our expertise, coupled with our quality products and our commitment to providing superior customer service, has earned us a reputation as a quality supplier of drainage products.
825 Route 67Ballston Spa, NY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Lane Enterprises Inc.