Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
* Lane actively recruits Veterans and those with Disabilities for all positions. For accommodations and questions call 541-463-5586. * Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability) to Human Resources email@example.com, 541-463-3970 * Lane Community College insures that all veteran documentation submitted to HR will remain confidential.
# Position Information:
## Applicant Notification
#### Search Information
* This position works on an as-needed basis and is a temporary assignment based on student, college and division needs. * This is an applicant pool posting. First review date of applications may be as early as _July 24th, 2019_. Subsequent review dates will be based upon department need. Lane reserves the right to modify this information. * Your application will remain in the pool until a decision is made on your candidacy. * Provide all documents as requested; a resume may not take the place of any one section of the application. * Unofficial or Official Transcripts are required for this position at the time of application. See instructions below. * Candidates will be able to implement and ensure an "equity lens" is used to assess, implement and maintain systems and structures that are inclusive and respectful. * Incomplete applications will not be considered.
#### How to monitor your application
1. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your spam mail. 2. Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search. * See applicant instructions. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
## Salary/Compensation Statement
All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
* Part-Time Benefits may be available for qualified employees.
Schedule may vary with hours increasing up to 40 hrs a week during peak periods, up to 1039 hours in a 12-month period.
## Working Schedule
Part-Time position; Variable work hours based on department needs.
# Required QUALIFICATIONS
## Required Education
#### Required Education
* An associate degree with course work or training in accounting procedures, microcomputer operation, office practices, education, social work, psychology, business, marketing or a related field.
## Required Experience
#### Required Experience
* Two (2) year dental insurance billing experience involving the use of microcomputers and calculators and maintaining accounting, fiscal and general office records.
# Preferred QUALIFICATIONS
## Preferred Education
#### Preferred Education
* Associates degree in office, administration or related field. * Associates in accounting. * CDA with insurance billing.
## Preferred Experience
#### Preferred Experience
* Two (2) years Dental Billing experience OHP. * Bilingual fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred. * Experience using EagleSoft or other Dental Software program. * Experience with capitation.
## Bilingual/Multicultural Statement
Multicultural experience and bilingual proficiency in World languages is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance the concepts of social justice and culturally competent behaviors is expected.
## Equivalency Statement
Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered for meeting minimum qualifications.
Applicants are responsible to show how their personal training and experience would qualify them for the position.
## Position Purpose
#### Position Purpose
To process all dental insurance claims/billing; perform claims adjustments; coordinate communication of benefits with patients and insurance carrier; set goals and tracking for insurance collection; prepare and submit reports.
## Essential Functions
#### Essential Functions
* Work as a member of the Dental Clinic Team; manage dental insurance billing according to Oregon Health Plan guidelines and Advantage Dental, for patients using the LCC Dental Clinic at 2460 Willamette Street, Eugene Oregon. * Track and assist patients with billing through Advantage Dental and Oregon Health Plan. * Positively communicate information to patients from varied ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, in a kind, empathetic manner. * Manage insurance claims and bill insurance through Advantage Dental for Oregon Health Plan. * Receive, document and reconcile payments received. * Communicate with Patient and Insurance company regarding insurance claims/billing. * Pre-authorization of treatment plans. * Patient care coordination. * Monitor, maintain and assist in the interpretation and analysis of budgets. * Maintain and track current dental billing codes. * Prepare reports, billing and requests for patients and OHP. * Maintain agency regulations, rules and accounting procedures in compliance with insurance and OHP regulations. * Work with multiple databases to garner information and ensure accuracy. * Maintain consistent adherence to confidentiality policies of the college, dental clinic, insurance companies and OHP. * Prepare and submit reports and correspondence as required. * Develop billing and tracking procedures independently and in conjunction with supervisors. * Utilize current technology effectively, such as microcomputers, databases, spreadsheets, etc. * Perform duties in a collegial manner, providing courteous assistance, consultation and support. * Work with a wide variety of College departments, off-campus agencies, administrators, staff, students and the public. * Maintain currency in office and dental software programs.
#### Equity and Inclusion
* Demonstrate Lane's core value of social justice by ensuring equity and inclusion skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee and student interpersonal communications and relationships, and are applied to all position responsibilities. * Duties are carried out respectfully inclusively, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status. * Must demonstrate an active concern for meeting the needs of students, staff, and the public.
## Supervision Statement
Reports to and works under the general supervision of a division/department chair or other supervisor. Works under the overall guidance of the Dental Clinic team. Independently based upon standard office practices, department and College policies and after an initial training period, work is performed clear guidelines/desk manuals for the position. Work is reviewed on completion and/or subject to periodic audits. Works under the overall guidance of the Division Dean.
## Physical Demands/Working Environment
Work safely; ability to lift and carry boxes of supplies weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds with or without accomodation; may sit or stand for extended hours; work on a computer for extended hours.
## Knowledge Skills and Abilities
#### Knowledge of and Skill in:
* Communication skills both written and verbal. * Working well under pressure in a fast paced environment. * Attention to detail. * Insurance billing and tracking. * Organization. * Group process facilitation. * Team building. * Problem solving. * Analysis of data. * Writing and editing. * Scheduling. * Providing excellent customer service. * Dental insurance coding. * Dental office management principles. * Dental practices. * Operation of office equipment including computers, fax machine, and copier. * Scheduling, billing, records, supply purchasing and inventory management.
#### Ability to:
* Operate microcomputers and other office equipment requiring manual dexterity and good visual acuity. * Utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and database software (Eaglesoft)or other dental software effectively. * Ability to learn and maintain dental and insurance software. * Document conversations with patients, insurance and other dental offices in patient's electronic records. * Obtain insurance verification. * Insurance benefits breakdown. * Create correspondence with referring dentist, including emailing patient records or x-rays as needed. * Create and reconcile day-end reports. * Process insurance claims and pre-authorizations, including attachments and narratives. * Follow-up outstanding insurance claims. * Answer questions and troubleshoot problems on a daily basis. * Take initiative. * Plan work, set priorities. * Maintain proper financial records. * Work effectively in a team environment or independently. * Work occasional evenings and weekends. * Provide support to employees working to meet accreditation standards through evaluation and assessment of student outcomes.
## Applicant Instructions
#### Applicant Instructions
To be considered a candidate for this position, all of the following must be included in the application package:
* Incomplete applications will not be considered. _All fields in the application must be completed, including employment dates, work hours, and detailed job duties._ * The CV/Resume may not take the place of any one section in the application.
#### Required Documents
1. Online Application - complete in entirety and submitted online please include at least three (3) work related references.
2. Resume - Comprehensive of experience, education and accomplishments.
3. Cover Letter - Clearly detailing how you meet the qualifications for the position.
4. Transcripts - Unofficial or official transcripts are required at the time of application, see instructions below.
5. DD214 - Veterans, please fax, email, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability) to Human Resources at Lane Community College. email@example.com, 541-463-3970
* For assistance with the online application call 541-463-5586 * For position questions contact the department - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Additional Documents and Letters of reference are not accepted.*
## Transcript Instructions
h4>Transcripts are required
In order to be considered for the position unofficial or official transcripts must be provided. If post-secondary education is listed in your application, then unofficial or official transcripts are required.
* Attach under "Optional Document", fax, email, deliver or mail to: Lane Community College Dept. Dental Clinic Attn: Nadine Batya 4000 E 30th Ave Eugene, OR 97405
The goal of Lane Community College is to help students achieve their dreams and transform lives through learning. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed. Lane partners with businesses in the community to help shape the current and future workforce.
*Lane is a learning-centered community college that provides affordable, quality, lifelong educational opportunities.*
Lane was founded in 1964 by a vote of local citizens, and the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that was founded in 1938. Lane has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. The college is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College. One of the advantages of working Lane is living in the area. Lane's main campus is in Eugene, a city known for its quality of life and for being the home of the University of Oregon. Eugene is home to more than 153,000 people and neighboring Springfield has more than 57,000 residents comprise the second largest population center in the state. Eugene and Springfield are nestled in the Willamette Valley between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Some peaks in the Cascade Range can be seen from main campus. The area's scenic mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, and coastline offer many opportunities for outdoor adventures or for just sitting back and enjoying the view. See what's new at Eugene, Cascades & Oregon Coast (link is external).