Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
* Lane actively recruits Veterans and those with Disabilities for all positions. For accommodations and questions call 541-463-5586. * Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability) to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-463-3970 * Lane Community College insures that all veteran documentation submitted to HR will remain confidential.
# Position Information:
## Applicant Notification
#### Department Information
Our Culinary Arts & Hospitality Department is seeking to expand its pool of part-time faculty to teach Culinary Arts & Hospitality.
* Beyond the required education and experience instructors must have a passion for what they teach, and have teaching styles that support student success. Instructors are responsible for following Division and College procedures in support of teaching and learning. * This is an application pool posting for 2019-2020.The assigned location for this position is at the Lane Community College main campus located in Eugene, Oregon.
#### Search Information
* Review of applicants is based on department need, but may be as early as July 29th, 2019. Lane retains the right to modify or change this information based on department, college and student needs. * Your application will remain in the pool until a decision is made on your candidacy. In order to remain in the pool, year to year, you must reapply after July 1 each year. * Provide all documents as requested; a resume may not take the place of any one section of the application. * Unofficial or Official Transcripts are required for this position at the time of application. See instructions below. * Candidates will be able to implement and ensure an "equity lens" is used to assess, implement and maintain systems and structures that are inclusive and respectful. * Incomplete applications will not be considered.
#### * Our application is used to determine your initial salary placement for selected candidates. All employment and education history will be considered.
#### How to monitor your application
1. Enter email@example.com into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your spam mail. 2. Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search. * See applicant instructions. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
## Salary/Compensation Statement
#### * Our application is used to determine your initial salary placement for selected candidates. All employment and education history will be considered.
* Starting range for part-time faculty is Step 1 - Step 10, see our Part-time Faculty Salary Schedule. * The Part-time Faculty benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long term disability and paid sick leave. Part-time faculty may be eligible for full contracted benefits after meeting certain criteria.
All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
## Working Schedule
Classes as assigned by Division Dean based on need, enrollment and availability of contracted and/or more senior part-time faculty.
# Required QUALIFICATIONS
## Required Education
* Culinary Arts AAS
BA, BS, BFA
## Required Experience
* Five (5) years experience in food service
* Ten (10) years experience
* Demonstrated culinary skills and the ability to organize and prepare relevant materials for effective presentation in a classroom environment; and the ability to teach; and demonstrated past expertise in positive and productive advisory groups.
# Preferred QUALIFICATIONS
## Preferred Education
* Foreign country equivalent of Culinary Arts degree. * See Foreign Degree/Certificate Evaluation
## Preferred Experience
* Recent college teaching experience and record of excellence in college teaching in field of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management is preferred. * Current membership in professional organizations.
## Bilingual/Multicultural Statement
Multicultural experience and bilingual proficiency in World languages is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance the concepts of social justice and culturally competent behaviors is expected.
## Position Purpose
To provide high quality instruction to students in a variety of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management courses. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher of record and facilitator of learning.
## Essential Functions
#### Essential Functions
* Develop creative and interactive classroom lessons and materials in traditional and culinary lab-mediated settings. * Revise and update existing courses and materials to reflect culturally diverse viewpoints and current research. * Apply clear and comprehensive tools to assess student performance and proficiency. * Participate in departmental and other professional activities on and off campus. Teach in a learning environment that puts students first. * Work with students individually during regular office hours to assist them in understanding course content and improving academic performance. * Attend meetings and participate regularly in Division operations. Collaborate with other full- and part-time faculty and College personnel on issues of curriculum, course evaluation, and Division and College operations. * Keep professionally current in the fields of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management through ongoing professional study and College inservice opportunities. * Problem solve and manage sensitive information with appropriate awareness of FERPA standards; maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the privacy needs of students. * Other duties as assigned.
#### Support student learning through activities that include:
* Exhibit compliance with College policies and procedures, accountability for leave time, time sheet completion, release time, text book ordering and related functions * Sustain currency in discipline and innovation in teaching * Collegial participation in faculty performance evaluation process * Maintain and post teaching schedule, regular meetings and office hours * Maintain physical campus presence for instruction and daily needs of students, departments, college and community, as specified in the College Operations Policies and Procedures: http://www2.lanecc.edu/copps/documents/instructor-hours-campus * Maintain requirements for student records, attendance, grades, and/or other documentation; ensure a safe, quality classroom or lab, including equipment, supplies, and inventory
#### Curriculum Delivery
* Provide high quality classroom instruction * Create course content, develop and revise course content and materials * Establish learning outcomes consistent with core ability outcomes, assess outcomes using appropriate assessment tools, and use assessment results to inform improvements at a program and course level * Incorporate college values into curriculum and promote a respectful learning environment including facilitating awareness of multicultural and diversity issues in curricula * Teach and develop all class syllabi and course materials, in a form that can be directly delivered to, and used by, students * Confer with students on course materials * Deliver curriculum to students in traditional and online formats.
#### Online Teaching and Student Support
* Expect to make use of the Learning Management System (LMS) to publish and update content, post grades and promote student engagement amongst students with course content; * Use multiple modes of communication tools including online publishing, audio and video tools; * Be present within the online course to interact with students, help guide asynchronous discussions and provide opportunities for students' voices to be heard within the online course; * Monitor student progress and provide reasonable coaching and assistance to struggling students towards success; * Review and grade all work submitted by students and provide timely and substantive feedback; * Respond to student inquiries within 48 hours; * Ensure that all materials created are accessible and meet the guidelines of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act; * Post student attendance, grades, and course syllabus to the college LMS in accordance with college timelines; * Use current best practices and pedagogies for teaching online including the application of online course quality frameworks for clearly providing course learning objectives to students, while consistently setting clear weekly and term-long expectations for work and assessment.
#### Equity and Inclusion
* Demonstrate Lane's core value of social justice by ensuring equity and inclusion skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee and student interpersonal communications and relationships, and are applied to all position responsibilities. * Duties are carried out respectfully and inclusively, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status. * Actively assist with ADA compliance in conjunction with Human Resources and Disability Resource departments; support appropriate access for persons with disabilities in order to provide for the success of students and staff; mentor and role model cultural competency for persons with disabilities. * Must demonstrate an active concern for students and staff.
## Supervision Statement
Faculty report to a Department or Division Dean, and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the college: Lane Vision, Mission, Values
Work may be overseen by a lead faculty member.
## Physical Demands/Working Environment
This position works indoors and is exposed to usual office working conditions that includes office noises and interruptions, such as printers, telephones, and visitors. This position requires that an employee be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; perform cognitive and psychometric work for more than six (6) hours a day. Work may require transporting materials up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
## Knowledge Skills and Abilities
#### Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to understand and carry out Lane Community College's commitment to student success, lifelong learning, and the needs of students, staff and the public. * Ability to understand and carry out Lane Community College's mission and strategic agendas including College Learning Outcomes, cultural competency, and diversity. * Demonstrate teaching effectiveness; demonstrated culinary skills; demonstrate knowledge of basic sociological theory and concepts and the ability to teach so that students are able to apply these principles to their lives and think critically; provide varied opportunities for students to demonstrate subject matter mastery of skills and theory; demonstrate possession of the teaching skills necessary to create and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to student learning; contribute to a learning environment that puts the student first; show knowledge of current teaching methods and uses of technology in education; integrate elements into curricula and teaching that enhance student success and encourage students' interest and continued study; collaborate with other instructors; operate as an effective member of a team; adapt to the changing needs of the division in terms of courses/duties assigned; engage in professional collaboration with peers.
#### Expected Competencies
* Analytical Thinking * Building Relationships * Change Advocate * Teamwork * Service Mindset * Process Improvement * Innovation * Supervision and Leadership * Strategic Project Management * Knowledge of instructional design, delivery and learning theory
## Applicant Instructions
#### Applicant Instructions
To be considered a candidate for this position, all of the following must be included in the application package:
* Incomplete applications will not be considered. _All fields in the application must be completed, including employment dates, work hours, and detailed job duties._ * The CV/Resume may not take the place of any one section in the application.
#### Required Documents
1. Online Application - complete in entirety and submitted online please include at least three (3) work related references.
2. Curriculum Vitae - Submit a copy listing all relevant educational and professional experience and activities, including a list of courses taught within the last five years, if applicable.
3. Cover Letter - Clearly detailing how you meet the qualifications for the position.
4. Certifications (Electronic submittal strongly preferred) - Provide copies of any related certifications by attachment, mail, in-person or fax (instructions below). Ensure name and position number are noted on paper submittals. Electronic attachments are preferred. (each file may be up to 2mb)
5. Transcripts - Unofficial or official transcripts are required at the time of application, see instructions below.
#### If applicable:
6. DD214 - Veterans, please fax, email, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability) to Human Resources at Lane Community College. firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-463-3970
* For assistance with the online application call 541-463-5586 * For position questions contact Chris Rehn; email@example.com, 541-463-5305
*Additional Documents and Letters of reference are not accepted.*
## Transcript Instructions
#### Transcripts are Required
In order to be considered for the position unofficial or official transcripts must be provided.
* Attach under "Optional Document", fax, email, deliver or mail to: Lane Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Inst. Pool - Culinary Arts & Hosp. 2018/2019 Attn: Chris Rehn 4000 E 30th Ave Room Bldg 19 Room 140 Eugene OR 97405 fax: 541.463.5305
#### Official transcripts will be required if you are the selected candidate for the position.
* Official transcripts are required within thirty (30) days from hire if you are the selected candidate for the position.
## College and Division Information
#### College Information
The goal of Lane Community College is to help students achieve their dreams and transform lives through learning. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed. Lane partners with businesses in the community to help shape the current and future workforce.
*Lane is a learning-centered community college that provides affordable, quality, lifelong educational opportunities.*
Lane was founded in 1964 by a vote of local citizens, and the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that was founded in 1938. Lane has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. The college is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College. One of the advantages of working Lane is living in the area. Lane's main campus is in Eugene, a city known for its quality of life and for being the home of the University of Oregon. Eugene is home to more than 153,000 people and neighboring Springfield has more than 57,000 residents comprise the second largest population center in the state. Eugene and Springfield are nestled in the Willamette Valley between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Some peaks in the Cascade Range can be seen from main campus. The area's scenic mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, and coastline offer many opportunities for outdoor adventures or for just sitting back and enjoying the view. See what's new at Eugene, Cascades & Oregon Coast (link is external).
*Posting Number:* 190066
*Job Title:* Instructor Pool - Culinary Arts & Hospitality
*Department /Division:* Culinary Arts & Hospitality
*Location:* Main Campus
*Classification:* Part-time Faculty
*Position Type:* Contracted Part-Time Faculty
*Anticipated Start Date:* Based on Department Needs
*Position Status:* Temporary
*Annual Schedule:* Other
*Annual Schedule Details:* TERM: based on department need
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/9669
*Posting Date:* 07/08/2019
*Closing Date:* 12/31/2019
*Applicant Pool:* Pool
*Open Until Filled:* No
*Union Association:* LCC Education Association (Faculty)