· Do you enjoy working with numbers?
· Are you a self-starter thriving on achievement?
· Does working with a tight knit team sound appealing?
If you answered 'YES' to these questions, the Pricing Associate position may be right for you!
The Pricing Department’s goal is to provide our customers with a fair price while still maintaining profitability for the company. To accomplish this, you will be doing research by investigating where the market is pricing the products that we sell. The ideal candidate will be someone open to learning and using Microsoft Excel and enjoy working in a team atmosphere. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, apply today!
Job Title: Pricing Associate
Location: 8300 Lane Drive, Watervliet
Position Type: Full-Time, 1st Shift
Hourly/Salary: Hourly - Competitive pay based on experience
Perform market research on both retail and wholesale pricing which will assist in the process of reviewing and maintaining accurate product pricing through cooperation with various departments. Identify potential pricing issues that will assist in optimal pricing decisions being made.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Compile market research data that will assist in establishing price points and price structures/discounts to ensure competitiveness in the market while maintaining profitability levels.
· Review new price files before they are entered into the system to ensure we are using the correct information for cost, base, retail, MAP, etc.
· Review new product additions and use industry knowledge to provide research that will ensure maximum profitability and competitiveness.
· Create, delete and update quantity pricing records to ensure pricing integrity.
· Analyze supersession reports to confirm correct price types, base prices, price points, quantity discounts, retail, etc. Confirm correct part status for old and new product.
· Provide sales department and purchasing department with information to ensure description accuracy of all stocking and non-stocking items. Identify and eliminate all unusable characters in descriptions in databases.
· Provide market research for lost sale items.
· Take initiative in identifying and collaborate to resolve pricing and margin issues.
· Communicate with vendors and internal company departments to advise, answer questions and/or resolve conflicts related to pricing.
· Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Post-secondary education preferred. Minimum two (2) years’ professionally related experience or equivalent combination in education and experience in the motorsports/automotive performance industry. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Strong math skills are required. Requires superior working knowledge of the automotive industry.
Other Skills & Abilities:
· Superb interpersonal skills
· Utilize exceptional customer service skills
· Maintain confidentiality
· Communicate effectively through speaking, listening, and writing
· Work in a team-oriented fashion as well as independently
· Keep manager abreast of activity
· Ability to efficiently use computer and applicable software
· Use problem solving skills and sound judgment in the dispatch of duties
· Adapt to frequent changes in the work environment
· Use equipment and materials properly
· Practice safe work habits
· At least average, preferably above average keyboard skills.
The employee is frequently required to reach with arms and hands, stand, twist, bend, walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Employment application and resume may be submitted via the company website at www.laneautomotive.com.
Lane Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aids available upon request to candidates with disabilities.