Manufacturing Assembly Team Member - New Starting 3rd Shift Pay - $17+ per hour
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
Why Landscape Forms?
- Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplaces in Manufacturing and Production 2020
- Michigan Manufacturer of the Year
- Great Place to Work Certified - 2019 and 2020
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency 2020 Veteran Friendly Employer
Landscape Forms is the industry leader in integrated solutions of high-design site furniture, advanced LED lighting, structure, and custom environments. For more than 50 years we have developed and created solutions that help designers and other clients achieve beautiful, functional landscapes that enhance the experience of outdoor space.
**$1000 Signing Bonus** If you are hired on our 3rd shift you will receive a $1000 signing bonus! You will receive the first $500 after 90 days of employment, and then the additional $500 signing bonus after 180 days of employment.
Let's chat if you:
- Are dependable and enjoy a fast paced environment
- Prefer a team environment with the opportunity to build relationships with a wide array of people
- Finds value in hard work and knowing your role makes an impact
- Would rather be active and moving than stuck behind a desk all day
- Understand the importance and necessity of maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Thrive in a positive work environment
- Enjoys innovation and thinking outside the box
- Willing to work overtime
Qualifications and Skills of the Assembly/Finishing Team member
- HS Diploma or GED
- Stable work history
- Positive attitude
Benefits we offer our team members:
- Full-time, direct-hire positions
- Third Shift: 8:00 pm – 6:30 am, Sunday thru Wednesday (4 - 10 hour shifts!)
- NEW STARTING PAY: $17.00 per hour + Quarterly Bonuses!
- Earn up to $21.25 per hour with base + bonus**
- Quarterly Bonus - $8,800 (annual average)
- Career development opportunities
- Quarterly Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education
- Health Insurance (medical/dental/vision) eligible on first day
- 401k Match plus profit sharing
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time
- Fun Company-wide Activities
- This position is based in Kalamazoo, MI
**This is an estimate that includes base pay, plus our average bonus payout, plus shift differential and equals your average annual hourly pay.
This position has the responsibility to be proficient at a variety of skills that lead to the successful operation of a team in a manufacturing environment. In order to meet safety, quality, production, cost, and continual improvement objectives each member must be cross-trained and able to operate between the various areas and product specific lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Operate within facility safety guidelines and promote the use of safe practices.
- Knowledge of product descriptions, use of scheduling systems, and prioritize work to meet daily production.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and use measuring equipment and hand tools.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Responsible for learning all operational skills and processes through cross training; i.e. assembly, finishing, packaging products, etc.
- Setup, operate, and maintain machinery and equipment.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member to communicate daily goals and run production.
- Maintain inventory control of materials using the Kan Ban system and other material systems.
- Actively promote workplace organization following established 5S criteria.
- Recognize and prep critical areas to meet established product quality standards.
- Produce a smooth, continuous flow of product through cell to achieve at least 95% on-time delivery.
- Participate and implement suggestions to continuously improve products and processes.
- Adhere to the guidelines as established in the Employee Handbook.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in common units of measure. Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and deal with problems involving concrete variables. Must have basic computer proficiency. Ability to read, comprehend, and write basic instructions. Ability to give clear instruction on procedures and policies.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend and twist 80% of the time, and stand up to 10 hours. The work environment is on the shop floor in a noisy and sometimes hot location. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
Keeping you Safe
We are deeply committed to keeping our team members, customers and partners safe while working at our facilities. As we know, the COVID-19 Pandemic has significantly changed the way we live our day to day lives and will change the way in which our business needs to operate.
Landscape Forms has created a COVID-19 Safe Work Playbook that is meant to be a complete plan to allow us to continue manufacturing and minimize the risks of contracting COVID-19. The Safe Work Playbook includes Policies, Guidelines and Team Member expectations. It is based on recommendations and guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and OSHA.
AddressBattle Creek, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Landscape Forms