Senior Technician / S.I.T
- Posted: over a month ago
Landpoint is seeking a qualified Senior Technician / S.I.T. to assist on an assignment located in Fort Worth, TX performing survey data tech duties as outlined below.
All applicants must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Trimble Business Center, Excel, and field GPS / Conventional surveying techniques. Must be able to calculate deed data with a thorough understanding of legal descriptions and application. Also, the candidate must be able to work independently and in a fast paced environment. Must be self-motivated, and require little to no supervision. The minimum experience level is 2 years as a survey technician.
This position will provide technical support by doing various analysis, computations, utilizing computers and AuotCAD software as well as perform precise measuring operations using survey instruments, for the preparation of land descriptions, drawings, and sketches that will be used in securing rights to place company facilities on private and public lands.
- A high school diploma or a G.E.D. providing the equivalent knowledge of English, basic mathematics, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Energy/electrical survey tech experience, a must
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in surveying as a survey technician
- Experience with Trimble GPS equipment and Carlson / AutoCAD desktop solutions
- Coordinating client needs with the Project Manager, Data Manager, Field Supervisor and other team members.
- Survey field data quality control/assurance.
- Prepare working drawings of field survey for review by RPLS to determine property boundaries.
- Collects and processes data for crews and field data technicians.
- Ensure all projects conducted to a high standard which meets or exceeds client requirements.
- Creates, updates, and maintains company easement and property rights on maps and GIS system.
- Prepare and maintain CAD based drawings.
- Interprets deeds, maps, field notes, etc. to insure proper location of boundaries and/or company facilities.
- Collects and inputs field data into correct folder and systems.
- Communicates with other employees regarding project schedules.
- Analyzes electronic data and performs mathematical adjustments.
- Determines boundary easement location between private and company ownerships.
- Prepares maps, sketches, plats and metes & bounds descriptions of company interests.
- Prepare survey deliverables and right away plans.
- Prepares legal reports, maps and plats for team and business partners.
- Defines routes, areas, and sites for fee and easement acquisitions which supports gas operations.
- Perform field measurements as part of a survey crew as required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Carlson software
- Drafting experience (2+ years)
- ArcGIS database deliverables
- Proficiency in Carlson, Trimble and AutoCAD software
Our people work on some of the most challenging and high profile projects in the area. Working at Landpoint will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals, many of whom are at the top of their fields on projects that impact our world for the better.
As a large land surveying/engineering consulting firm, we offer employees countless job opportunities and career paths. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it.
We are dedicated to providing our people with the support they need to do outstanding work. From our competitive benefits program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we provide the support you need to excel at your job. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.
Landpoint is an equal opportunity employer, Disability/Veteran
Powered by JazzHR
AddressFort Worth, TX
AutomotiveView all jobs at Landpoint