Landmark Recovery is a substance abuse treatment provider operating both inpatient and outpatient level of care. We exist to assist each patient in the development of a lifestyle that is permanently free from all mind- and mood-altering substances and that promotes the patient’s well-being across mind, body, and spirit. We are passionate, authentic, courageous, and uncompromising in our pursuit of excellence, and our vision is to restore hope, tranquility, and function to 1 Million families in the next 100 years.
The Medical Director oversees the process of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals with psychiatric disorders or potential for such disorders using his/her full scope of therapeutic skills, including the prescription of medication and administration of psychotherapy. He/she will work efficiently to attain and maintain the highest level of care in accordance with regulatory standards. He/she also supervises the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in daily patient care duties and collaborates with the clinical team to deliver the highest standard of patient care. This is a part-time administrative position that requires clinical time of approximately one half day per week on-site with call responsibilities.
Supervise and hold collaborative agreement with staff Psychiatric APRNs
Education and/or Experience:
- Must hold active Indiana Medical license
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Prior experience in the chemical dependency field preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Personal passion or interest in substance abuse issues strongly preferred
- Must hold or be willing to obtain DATA 2000 waiver prior to employment, 275 patient limit preferred
- Must be committed to drug-free lifestyle and responsible alcohol use
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Competency with Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable working with electronic health records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently required to walk, stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly exposed to an indoor medical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Contractual