The Licensed Addiction Counselor serves to analyze patients, develop their treatment plans, provide individual and group therapy to patients consistent with their treatment plans, and prepare patients for discharge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs Biopsychosocial Evaluations on all assigned patients
- Develops Master Treatment Plans for all assigned patients
- Reviews and edits Master Treatment Plans at least weekly, and more often as clinically necessary
- Attends Treatment Team meetings for all assigned patients
- Using clinical judgment, selects appropriate treatment modality and carries out the modality during individual therapy sessions with each patient
- Leads group therapy sessions as assigned by Clinical Director
- Develops or improves materials and topics for group therapy sessions based on clinical expertise and experience
- Leads lectures and therapy sessions for patient family members as assigned by Clinical Director
- Stays abreast of local options for discharge and coordinates discharge process for patient, ensuring adequate follow up care
- Follows all facility policies and procedures, including those related to licensure, continuing education, patient confidentiality, and documentation standards
- Carries out all duties and meets all requirements listed under the “Clinician” role described in 908 KAR 1:370 and 902 KAR 20:430
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Active Indiana LCSW, LMFT, LADC, LADC/MH or equivalent license
- Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or equivalent field
- License must be independent of supervision
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a clinical role within Chemical Dependency field
- Must be committed to drug-free lifestyle and responsible alcohol use
- Personal passion or interest in substance abuse issues strongly preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Competency with Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable working with electronic health records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical medical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally noisy.
We are looking to fill Full-Time and PRN positions.