Landmark Hospitals Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Landmark Hospitals has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients. We are searching for a motivated and experienced Accountant who is still eager to learn and grow with the company.
Summary: Responsible for retrieving, preparing, and presenting financial information to the Corporate and Hospital Executive team. Focusing on general ledger, accruals, payroll, fixed assets, account analysis, bank reconciliation and monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and individual company financial statements on a monthly basis and provide to Management
- Analyzes data, prepares and inputs journal entries
- Performs financial analysis of operations.
- Prepares all monthly account and bank reconciliations
- Complete quarterly payroll reports
- Maintain fixed asset system
- Assist Human Resources in the compliance and financial reporting requirements of the health & welfare, compensation, and retirement programs.
- Assist in preparation of various regulatory reporting requirements including audit, tax, cost reporting and surveys.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of general ledger, bank reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis
- Healthcare experience (preferred)
- Experience with payroll accounting, payroll process and general payroll principles (preferred)
- Knowledge of payroll timekeeping software (preferred)
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a team player is a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
We are growing fast but still have that "family" friendly environment. Join our Team where everyone knows your name, including the CEO!
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.