We are searching for a Wound Care Nurse to join our dedicated and professional team!
Landmark Hospital of Athens is a premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital. We have built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. This excellence is due to the tireless efforts of the experienced and competent staff of physicians, nurses, other clinicians and support personnel, who are dedicated to being the best at what they do.
We are a private, small LTAC hospital where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. With the average length of stay around 25-30 days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (wound care, wound/ostomy). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Provides initial and on-going education and support for nursing and support staff to ensure high quality patient care (staff education)
- Consults with physicians, other providers and nursing staff caring for wound/ostomy patients
- Utilizes clinical expertise to identify high-risk patients and develop a plan of care in collaboration with the staff
- Designs and implements an initial and on-going evaluation of the wound care program based on metrics, quality measures and patient outcomes
- Incorporates quality improvement activities to ensure success, compliance and improved patient outcomes
- Serves as an advocate for patients/families in regard to decisions affecting the plan of care
- Active RN License (State of GA)
- Certification in Wound Ostomy Nursing (CWON) preferred
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of clinical experience in hospital setting
- BLS certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Wound Care Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Ostomy, LTAC, hospital