Corporate Director Medical Coding and Health Information Management
Landmark Hospitals Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Landmark Hospitals has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Director of Medical Coding and Health Information Management (HIM)to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients and those we serve.
Summary: The Corporate Director of Medical Coding and Health Information Management (HIM) reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is accountable for the performance ofMedical Coding and Health Information Management functions in thesixLandmark Hospitals.Responsible for maintenance of coding and health information in compliance with federal and state laws, and regulatory and accrediting agencies' standards.
The position will be located in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana Office
- Coordinate and supervise all activities within program and is responsible for the organization; administration; periodic review; planning; development; evaluation; consistency with educational mission and scope; and overall effectiveness of the program
- Participation in the evaluation (or assessment) of the effectiveness of staff
- Evaluate the performance of all staff and provide an opportunity for improvement.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
- Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
- Collaborate with billing department to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner
- Communicate with insurance companies about coding errors and disputes
- Submit statistical data for analysis and research by other departments
- Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
- Maintain confidentiality, unquestionable integrity.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS Required
- Minimum of 5 years of coding experience using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Strong math and computer skills
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Knowledge of medical records, EHR systems
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Technology/Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician ( RHIT) OR as a Registered Health Information Administrator ( RHIA)
- Master's Degree in Health Information Technology/Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution preferred
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.