Landmark Hospitals Bonita Springs, FL
- Expired: July 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Landmark Hospitals has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients.
Landmark Hospitals is leading healthcare in a new direction. Through our growing system of critical care hospitals, we provide solutions for patients who face a hospital discharge, yet still require acute medical care. Our patients may simply need additional time to recover from an illness or injury, or they may present medically complex cases that require a multi-disciplinary approach to extended acute healthcare. Our patients require a higher level of care for a longer period than the average hospital offers; but they are not yet ready to transfer to a sub-acute care facility, such as a skilled nursing facility, or to be discharged.
We are currently searching for an Accounting Manager to manage the accounting function, as well as, work closely with, AP/AR and payroll at this healthcare company.
- Accounting Functions: Supervises daily, month and year-end accounting functions including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, journal entries, account reconciliations, payroll, expense reports and other projects as assigned. Assist in the preparation of Medicare Cost Reports. Work closely with outside auditors.
- Tax Coordination: Enable proper tax filings and payments for portfolio companies through the management of an external accounting firm.
- Systems Management: Maintain accounting records across multiple accounting software systems and effectively utilize data to measure relevant KPIs, make projections, and instigate changes as needed.
- Financial Statement Preparation: Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements for all portfolio companies including balance sheets, income and cash flow statements.
- Resource Management: Manage a team of accountants, clerks, bookkeepers and external resources to complete and maintain the financial records for all portfolio companies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of accounting work flows and GAAP.
- Solid knowledge of Healthcare Revenue Cycle.
- Ability to develop financial statements; strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll systems, Kronos software is highly preferred
- Ability to work with benefits database interactions with payroll. Plansource is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data, set priorities, develop plans and budgets, take initiative, work collaboratively and deliver measurable outcomes;
- Ability to develop reports, perform system balancing and integrate accounting systems;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others to performance excellence while fostering a sense of teamwork as well pride in the organization amongst staff and volunteers;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a healthcare/hospital environment.
- Two years' experience in a supervisory capacity
- Minimum of two years' experience managing the accounting function for an organization; experience with organizations that have well developed performance measures;
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
AddressBonita Springs, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Landmark Hospitals