Vice President - Marketing, Communications and Fund Development
- $94,301 Yearly
Our Mission: Providing people the skills and resources to become self-sufficient through the power of work.
Our Diversity Statement: LLGI recognizes our employees’ differences in age, disability, veteran status, ethnicity, national origin, language, race, religion, family and marital status, social-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation and other unique attributes. The individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, unique capabilities and talent our employees bring to the workplace represents an essential part of our culture.
Job Title: Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Fund Development
Department: Marketing, Communications and Fund Development
Reports To: President/CEO
EEO-1 Category: Executives/Senior Level Officials and Managers
Provides strategic direction for the development and implementation of marketing and both external and internal communications strategies for LLGI. Drives all marketing, communication and branding, coordinates new business development, builds community engagement and awareness, provides strategic insight, collaborates and builds effective internal and external relationships and conducts market research. Develops strategies to secure annual, planned giving, and donor-directed gifts. Acts as press liaison for the organization and advises the CEO.
Essential Job Duties
Executive Leadership/Marketing/Fund Development
- Develops and defines short and long-term strategic marketing and communications plans, and provides leadership for enhancing marketing and communications initiatives that drive donated good revenues.
- Design, implement, manage and report on the comprehensive strategic plan/map to ensure that all sites, retail locations, websites, social media, etc. have a consistent, positive and uniform LLGI look and message.
- Develop and implement communications plans with cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a range of constituents through printed and electronic media and advertising.
- Create, write, edit and produce press releases, publications, videos, collateral, newsletters, social media content, and other printed materials, including annual reports.
- Update and maintain the organization's website, online publications, and social media.
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of people and organizations to advance LLGI’s mission
- Develop and implement a budget for managing the public relations, donor development, marketing and social media development projects.
- Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans and objectives in conjunction with the Executive Team with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines.
- Partners with mission leaders to support writing, submitting, and securing general operating and capacity building grants. Writes and submits the associated grant reports.
- Investigates, researches, and pursues program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend LLGI’s brand and increase avenues of support.
- Develop and facilitate donor development, fundraising, donation and capital-giving campaigns.
- Manage major gifts and planned giving programs, including identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Ensures that proposals, reports, donation requests, and correspondence are submitted in a timely manner, and that materials are persuasive and compelling and of the highest professional quality.
- Builds awareness around the LLGI brand and ensures that communication channels including print, web, digital, e-communications, and social media demonstrates clarity and consistency to reinforce uniform messaging. Ensures that LLGI employees and departments follow the organization’s brand standards.
- Engages potential partners, industry groups, and external stakeholders to pursue and evaluate business opportunities.
- Collaborates with Retail Leadership in developing retail-focused marketing programs and solutions to enhance in-store mission and brand messaging.
- Provides marketing and communications support for all LLGI divisions and departments.
- Directs the planning, organization and mobilization of annual employee awards program and other events.
- Manages media relations, crisis communication plans, and partnership marketing activities.
- Conducts market research and uses information to create intelligence and customer-facing competitive messaging
- Ensures compliance with Goodwill International and LLGI marketing and communications standards
- Effectively communicates marketing strategy and analytics in technical and business environments
- Creates and analyzes marketing reports and designs
- Establishes and maintains communication with stakeholders, donors and legislative/governmental entities.
- Actively participates on the Executive Leadership Team
- Builds trust by interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence
- Champions the implementation of change and ensures buy in
- Travels to locations within the LLGI territory
- Builds strategic relationships with internal and external customers; and ensures that customers understand what we do and why it matters
- Ensures that the customer’s perspective is a driving force behind internal and external customer satisfaction
- Seeks to understand the customer’s circumstances, problems, expectations and needs
- Identifies organizational needs and creates solutions
- Builds customer awareness around our mission
- Enforces and models awareness of safety and loss prevention
- Ensures that all safety standards are being followed
- Identifies opportunities, generates ideas to improve organizational objectives
- Initiates action to create value, advance and meet departmental demands
- Partners with leadership and staff to identify, assess, create and implement process improvement
- Participate in professional organizations, seek development opportunities, and stay current in field
- Leads and embraces the mission, vision and values of LLGI
- Seeks to understand individual differences and values to build workplace relationships
- Actively pursues personal development opportunities
Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Authenticity Courage Planning & Organizing Passion for Results
Optimizing Diversity Emotional Intelligence Driving Execution Entrepreneurship
Broadening Business Value Executive Disposition Leading Change Business Savvy
Education, Experience and Credentials
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Requires seven years of progressively responsible marketing and business operations experience; and five years demonstrated fund development experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires proficiency with the Google business platform and/or Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel; and the ability to utilize other software such as human resource information systems
Requires proficiency with computer design software primarily Adobe CS (InDesign, PhotoShop, or Illustrator)
Requires knowledge of and experience with traditional printing, copywriting, media planning, broadcast media, website content development, social and digital media
Maintains confidentiality of information related to LLGI operations, financial matters and personnel matters
Requires valid Illinois driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance
Requires ability to gather data, compile information and write reports
Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and collaboration skills
Promotes diversity and inclusion throughout the organization.
Communicates in a focused and compelling way to convey information and ideas.
Interacts with people in a manner which enhances their dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
Possess experience and knowledge with financial statements.
Requires a high level of professionalism, integrity, business conduct and ethical behavior.
Works independently while fostering a strong team atmosphere.
Follows LLGI policies and procedures.
Requires CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification within six months of employment
Demonstrates sensitivity and the ability to communicate with a diverse population.
Embraces the mission, vision and values of LLGI
Office position, primarily sedentary
Some travel required
Some exposure to warehouse and light industrial environments when traveling to LLGI worksites
Tools and Equipment
General office equipment including computer, calculator, photocopier, scanner, paper shredder, and telephone. Company vehicle.
LLGI Staff Volunteers/Community Service Workers Vendors/Suppliers
General Public Donors/Customers Service Participants
GII Staff Stakeholders Accrediting Agencies
Federal/State Agencies Auditors/Surveyors
At Land of Lincoln Goodwill, we offer a variety of benefits to our employees. For more information on what LLGI offers, please click on this link: http://llgi.org/careers/benefits/ . Land of Lincoln Goodwill is also a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer. All positions offered are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Apply today. Our Goodwill team is waiting for YOU!
Providing people the skills and resources needed to become self-sufficient through the power of work.
Be a recognized leader, promoting programs and services that embraces education, self-sufficiency, hope and pride to the people we serve in the Central Illinois region.
Land of Lincoln Goodwill is a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Respect for those we serve
Teach responsibility by giving a hand-up, not a handout
Build community partnerships
Promote education, stewardship, financial responsibility, and efficient use of resources
Work as a team
We are a mission driven organization helping people with hurdles to employment become self-sufficient through the power of work.
Land of Lincoln Goodwill Industries is a non-profit providing services in central Illinois since 1938. LLGI operates 15 retail stores and related warehouses and logistical support services; we operate Career Centers; a Youth Services program; and vocational training for those with intellectual disabilities in the Springfield area. We employ over 300 people throughout central Illinois. Our Mission Providing people the skills and resources needed to become self-sufficient through the power of work. Our Vision Be a recognized leader, promoting programs and services that embraces education, self-sufficiency, hope and pride to the people we serve in the Central Illinois region. Land of Lincoln Goodwill is a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer. Our Values Respect for those we serve Teach responsibility by giving a hand-up, not a handout Build community partnerships Promote education, stewardship, financial responsibility, and efficient use of resources Embrace diversity Work as a team
Land of Lincoln Goodwill IndustriesSpringfield, IL
WebsiteView All Land of Lincoln Goodwill Industries Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.