Imagine what you can do at Land O'Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O'Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture's toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O'Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you'll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:Crop Nutrients Sales Representative-IN,OH, MI home based
The Sales Representative - Crop Nutrients is the key contact point and relationship manager of assigned and prospects for WinField-United. They will be responsible for crop nutrient product line sales and margins. Special emphasis will be placed on selling all Crop Nutrients brands and building an equitable position through the Ag retailer to optimize value and the supply chain. Prefer candidate to be based in IN/OH/MI location. Full territory is IN/OH/MI, eastern seaboard from NY to FL.
Strategy Execution - 20%
- Develop Account strategies and Work with ACT member in execution of Customer Business Plans and measuring progress against stated objectives for the Crop Nutrients business with owners/customers.
- Crop Nutrients Regional team will have accountability for their regional forecast, and margins working closely with the Supply Chain team.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment including Regional Sales Director, District Sales Managers PNP, and ACT team to drive growth in our total Crop Nutrients business. Specific detail must be directed toward maintaining on-going coordination and open communication with the Regional team including CPP and Seed product lines.
- Attend Regional/Team Meetings as scheduled.
Owner/Customer Relations - 20%
- Is the focal point for customer relationships and key account ownership for the Crop Nutrient business line.
- Is able to fully demonstrate, communicate and leverage the total WinField United value proposition to our owner/customer including patronage, programs, pricing and supporting resources.
- Work with ACT member in execution of Customer Business Plans and measuring progress against stated objectives for the Crop Nutrients business with owners/customers.
Channels - 10%
- Serve as the centers of influence with channel partners in Regional areas.
- Managing relationships with strategic partners including the Ag retail manager, key channel vendors and other center of influence.
Sales Generation - 50%
- Responsible for the sales of Crop Nutrients through wholesale program, market intelligence and pricing delivery with emphasis on optimizing margins and supply chain value for Crop Nutrients including all functions associated to product order, invoicing, delivery, and reconciliation.
- Become the Crop Nutrient trusted advisor.
- Fluent in Account reporting metrics, analysis and programs:
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales and growth targets
- Gross Margin
- Strategic Imperatives
Job Scope: Budget, Revenue, Direct Reports, Sales Volume, etc.
- Manage sales expense
- Ability to grow WinField-United Crop Nutrients business, both partnered and branded with key owners/customers.
- Responsible for knowing Crop Nutrients product margins and maximizing sales and profitability for Winfield United accounts
- Ability to function in team-oriented atmosphere.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Business-related field and at least a minimum of 3 years successful sales experience or marketing with direct customer contact. Individuals with 2-year degrees in agriculture with extensive industry experience will be considered. Senior Sales Rep will have 7+ years agronomy wholesale or ag retail sales experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Marketing experience enabling the recognition of WinField growth opportunities. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management of all levels. Senior Sales Rep will have ability to independently handle complex situations and overall conflict resolution capabilities with key accounts.
- Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to create and present interesting, informative and educational product presentations.
- Senior Sales Rep will have ability to manage key accounts including executing terminal contracts and large-volume product contract negotiations.
Competencies & Other Skills
- Competencies: Act with Integrity, Deliver Results, Demonstrate Thought Leadership and Leverage Talent.
- Other skills: Able to lift 50 lb. bags, able to climb on and off of farm machinery, able to walk and work in field plots, good written and verbal communication skills with all levels, presentation skills, concentration, memory and decision making all part of normal job.
- Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel required (40% or more travel)
- Environment: farm machinery can be loud, fields are dusty and dirty, and weather conductions can vary from hot and humid to cold and wet.
- Work in a team oriented environment to sell the entire portfolio of Seed products and services and Ag Technology products and services.
- Need to be proficient with all WinField-United tools (i.e. R7 Tool, Equinox, CRM, Seed Link etc.)
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (