This is a mid-level position within the design team. The Designer I applies engineering principles to creatively design beverage dispensing equipment along with their components or assemblies. Candidate will support engineers in the creation of models and related drawings and specifications, estimation of materials needed for a project, etc.
- Works with design, production, and manufacturing engineers to create/modify detailed designs using CAD software.
- Prepares detailed drawings for those designs in order to source or manufacture them.
- Prepares and verifies Bill of Materials (BOM), Engineering Change Orders (ECO), and documentation for design implementation.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality and manufacturability.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Generate supporting information for manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance.
- Liaise with engineers and other technical personnel to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements for materials.
Key competence and skills
- Critical thinking
- Effective problem solving
- Technical skills, ability to troubleshoot
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to manage priorities and meet deadlines under minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively across many levels, both verbally and in writing
- Use of computer software including MS Office products
- CAD software. SolidWorks, and Creo are preferred
- Build and effectively dimension and tolerance designs/models using industry standards and practices
- PDM and PLM software and BOM management
- ERP systems
- Read engineering drawings and use standard tools for identifying dimensions, angles, and tolerances
- GD&T and DFM
- Manufacturing and assembly technology and operations
- Component and subsystem design impact on equipment performance and ability to meet requirements
- Measurement and testing techniques
- Data acquisition, logging, and processing/analysis
- Associates degree required
- BS in STEM field preferred
Related Work Experience
- 4 years drafting for manufacturing or 2 years design engineering experience required
Notice To Third Party Agencies
Please note that LANCER does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, LANCER will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, LANCER explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LANCER.
Lancer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.