Notes/comments from STAR (If provided)
8/14 Client Feedback/Update
> Please do not submit candidates who were previously submitted to 18054 (9270883)
> Similar to 18054
Updated client job number
> Please include link to candidate portfolio with the candidate's resume
Please provide candidate's salary history (base plus bonus eligibility or actual) for the last few years (current role, and previous one or two depending on length). If the most recent role was contract, provide the hourly pay rate to them. Since this is a Contract to Hire role please also provide your candidate's salary conversion expectations.
Ameriprise specific requirements: All contractors must be a direct W2 employee of your Company. This means that you cannot use Independent Contractors, Corp to Corp resources or H1B firms.
When submitting a candidate, please include the following information in the Additional Info section on the web form:
- If the candidate is W2 hourly or W2 salaried of your Company.
- If the candidate is on a Visa, include type of Visa and expiration date (mm/dd/yyyy). If the Visa expiration date is during the duration of the project, they cannot be considered for this role (ex. Project length is 12 months, and the Visa expires in 8 months).
View job in the STAR CP Opportunity Portal
STAR #18200: Our client, a national financial leader, is looking for an User Experience (UX) Specialist to partner with business and technology teams to create effective, usable and satisfying user experiences within Technology applications. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and conducting both user-focused product design research and usability tests for technology applications, websites and other digital experiences across various platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a User Experience (UX) Specialist
- Familiarity of UX best practices
- Experience working with product teams
- Experience creating UX Strategic recommendations
- Experience conducting user-focused product design research and usability tests for technology applications, websites and other digital experiences
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Conduct research including identifying user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling as well as regularly scanning the competitive landscape.
- Assist in developing the UX research strategy and plan for each project, including validation of customer needs.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents by designing, conducting and managing user-focused product design research for new projects; conducting ongoing research of user needs - before, during and after product implementation and facilitating sessions to document requirements from users and stakeholders.
- Monitor and document the results of usability tests, interviews and site visits.
- Organize and analyze survey data and perform other appropriate usability assessments as needed in order to gauge the usability of new and existing features/products.
- Validate prototypes with users and business stakeholders.
- Perform validation user testing to ensure features and products meet business and usability objectives.
- Regularly review usage statistics and perform analysis to identify improvement opportunities.
- Manage multiple aspects of UX research: continually research and document competing products that exist in the marketplace; conduct ongoing research in to the development of new capabilities, enhancements and user-centered design trends; and investigate, evaluate and recommend new and emerging usability techniques, technologies and methodology process improvements.
- Help interpret and understand user feedback and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Develop a current knowledge in usability-related research and developments and how they might apply to the usability process.
- Identify potential usability issues early in the process and collaborate to define solutions that help users effectively complete their tasks.
- Perform various project management duties including establishing timelines, coordinating tasks, scheduling and ensuring project documentation is complete.
- Maintain standards and styles documentation, Cascading Style Sheets and graphics library.
- Create personas, profiles and usage scenarios based on user research. Summarize testing results and communicate testing and research results to various audiences.
Role duration is estimated to be 10 months with potential for extension.
Some clients require background checks and drug screening as a condition for engagement / employment. This means you could be asked to submit to any or all of the following: criminal background check, credit check or drug screen.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. In addition, we are seeking local candidates as this role is not eligible for travel and relocation reimbursement.
Attention Recruiters: We thank you for your interest, but we prefer to work directly with individuals and our own Network on this posting. We will not review resumes/return calls from unsolicited recruiters.