LANCASTER AIRORT AUTHORITY
HVAC TECHINCIAN – JOB OPENING
Join the Lancaster Airport Authority, working in a unique and rewarding environment!
We offer competitive pay and benefits including healthcare, retirement plan, performance bonuses, steady work, and opportunities for growth. This full-time job is for Monday - Friday 8am to 4:30pm with occasional work outside of normal business hours.
HVAC TECHNICIAN will be responsible for responding to service calls for repairs; performing HVAC service maintenance on various systems including split systems and packaged units, furnaces, heaters and air conditioners. Maintaining records on all HVAC equipment to include service, filter sizes and unscheduled maintenance for all Lancaster Airport Authority owned buildings. Our building inventory includes everything from large commercial buildings to small residential dwellings.
Technicians will perform preventative maintenance; installation and service of HVAC equipment, heat pumps, gas furnaces, boilers and roof-top equipment.
As a Lancaster Airport employee, the primary function of this role will be HVAC related; however, technicians will occasionally be tasked with assisting in various Airport projects unrelated to HVAC work. These tasks provide the opportunity to work alongside airport colleagues with a team-based approach to completing unique and varied projects.
Ideal candidates for this position should possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with HVAC equipment
· EPA Section 608 Type II or Universal Certification
· A valid drivers’ license is required.
· Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and full background check
BENEFITS: The Lancaster Airport Authority offers competitive pay, paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, educational assistance, career growth opportunities, and more!
• Installs, repair, and maintain HVAC equipment such as compressors, pumps, belts, fans, air handling units, and fan powered boxes.
• Maintains the safe operation of systems including environmental controls, oil / gas fired boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as various types of pumps, air compressor blowers, etc.
• Examines environmental control and stationary systems to diagnose problems using proper inspection / testing and monitoring techniques while exhibiting safe and proper use of tools.
• Must be able to quickly become familiar with the design and layout of the facilities; to learn the locations of installed environmental control and monitoring systems / equipment; and understand operating procedures relating to environmental controls.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of OSHA regulations.
• Perform other preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as directed by Airport Management.
• Must maintain a clean and safe workplace while and after performing maintenance tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Troubleshoots, operates, and repairs compressed air systems.
• Performs basic plumbing repairs and installations for water, steam, condensation and refrigeration systems.
• Performs routine "house call" type duties and repairs.
This position requires a self-motivated, team player who can multitask, and prioritize as well as demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with our customers.
The Lancaster Airport Authority provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.