Store Manager in Training
Lamps Plus Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Store Manager in Training
Lamps Plus, the nation’s largest lighting retailer, has a company culture that fosters a collaborative work environment focused on mentorship and professional development. Our Company offers its employees exceptional hands on experience, opportunities for growth, work-life balance, and competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee discounts, recreational discounts, and credit union membership.
The Manager in Training (MIT) is a great opportunity with a blended-learning, the candidates will spend up to 3 months immersing in all aspects involved in managing a Store, development of associates & sales. This is a non-exempt, full-time position. During the initial 3 months of employment, the MIT will be traveling to other locations including out of state, for training purposes. Upon successful completion of the Manager in Training position, the MIT will transition to a Store Manager role, which may lead to relocation depending on the store location openings.
- Assist the Store Manager with leading, directing and motivating a commissioned sales team in order to achieve the overall company sales objectives.
- Deliver top-tier customer service to every customer, building loyalty and referrals.
- Drive Company programs while minimizing operational expenses.
- Present and discuss various lighting and interior design product options based upon discovery of the prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior retail experience.
- Prior Retail Store Manager experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Requires long periods of standing and lifting of 25-50 lbs. and the ability to climb ladders and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Interior design education or related home furnishings experience a plus.
- Possess strong computer literacy, as well as great training facilitation and
- communication skills.
- Motivated, energetic individual who enjoys working with people and providing superior customer service.
- Be reliable and be able to work a flexible retail schedules including evenings and weekends for 45 hour work weeks
- Pass security background check
FULLTIME BENEFITS OFFERED
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, 401(k), Sponsored/Voluntary life and AD&D at $15k
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Recreation Discounts
- Ongoing professional development training, career advancement opportunities and more!
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.
RetailView all jobs at Lamps Plus