Data Product Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
*SEEKING IN-PERSON, REMOTE, OR HYBRID CANDIDATES NEAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA AND FULLY REMOTE CANDIDATES IN AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, MA, MI, MN, NC, NE, NV, OR, SD, TX & WA
Our Web Development team offers a collaborative environment that will allow you the opportunity to work on impactful projects that you will be proud of. What we love the most about working as part of this team is the autonomy, work life balance and job stability it provides!
Are you a strong Data Product Manager with strong data analysis and mathematical skills? We are currently hiring for a Data Product Manager who will focus on improvements of product results used across the website, as well as other website product improvements as needed. This will be accomplished by analyzing large data sets, crafting data models, writing and proposing new formulas, and championing the implementation of new product result formulas.
The ideal candidate is data focused, a math expert, and has expert level SQL experience to write their own complex queries. They will build models independently and collaborate with multi-functional teams to implement them. This role will require frequent interaction with high level executives, so interpersonal skills are important.Job Description:
- Work with cross-functional teams to research, analyze, and optimize ecommerce products, specifically the products search results.
- Conduct research into various areas of our product and website to extract data.
- Analyze data to understand how our product works and facilitate continual improvements.
- Prepare data models to illustrate the impact that changes could have.
- Prepare reports and lead presentations for colleagues, upper management, and executives.
- Make data-driven suggestions proposals for improvements.
- Write product requirement documents with detailed functional requirements for multiple technology projects.
- Clarify requirements, answer questions, and conduct additional research related to product requirement documentation.
- Participate in product design activities, wireframes, flow charting, and mockups that generate user friendly solutions that provide clear end-user benefits and differentiation from competitor products.
- Work in conjunction with a team of Product Managers, Web Developers, Test Case Writers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Project Managers, Copywriters, UX Designers, and Business Units to develop new products and to provide ongoing management for existing products.
- 3+ years in a Product Manager role.
- 4+ years working on data centric projects.
- Strong math, data analytics, and statistics skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex, technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel, SQL, and web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics)
- Experience in ecommerce, specifically with product search & catalogs
- Experience with Azure Databricks and Google Big Query
- Experience working with large data sets and machine learning
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Power BI
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, 401(k), Sponsored/Voluntary life and AD&D at $15k
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Recreation Discounts
- Ongoing professional development training, career advancement opportunities and more!
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.
BusinessView all jobs at Lamps Plus