Small Animal Technician
Lampire Biological Laboratories Everett, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description: The primary responsibility of this individual is to maintain the overall health and well-being of the rabbits including cage and facility maintenance. This would include the feeding and watering of rabbits, administering treatments, as well as swapping, cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing all animal housing units and animal facilities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to): Feeding, watering, and administering treatments, including observing and reporting any signs of disease/illness and help to treat minor cases of such findings.
- Scraping, chipping, and dusting, animal caging units
- Swapping/rotating animal.caging units
- Disassembling/assembling, cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing all animal caging units
including feeders, water bottles, and enrichment items
- Facility maintenance including, HVAC, water systems, light fixtures, etc.
- Responsible for completing accurate reports documentation records including maintenance
sheet, room temperature log, animal treatments, and animal inventory
- Maintaining the rabbit breeding program
- Tattooing of rabbits
- RODAC testing, pre and post cleaning
- Responsible for keeping accurate inventory of supplies needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required, a Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or equivalent preferred but not required
- AALAS certification, and familiarity with USDA and AAALAC regulatory requirements a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills (English), mathematics skills, and goo1-
attention to detail are required.
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to give directions, train others and communicate effectively while working in a team
- 1 year minimum of relevant working experience
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull at minimum 3Olbs
- Experience with cGMP quality systems and manufacturing operations a plus
- Experience with farm equipment specifically tractors, manure spreader, skid steer a plus
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. An associate degree in Life Sciences or equivalent preferred but not required Job Benefits: Lampire Biological Laboratories offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, life, disability insurances, 401k with matching contribution and profit sharing. Lampire Biological Labs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Lampire Biological Laboratories
AnimalView all jobs at Lampire Biological Laboratories