Large Animal Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Care of animals including feeding, cleaning, treatment and preventive medicine. Daily production and maintaining the animal areas of the facility.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Qualification based upon education, resume and/or work experience
- Animal Science degree or 4 or more years of animal related experience.
- The ability to lift or move up to 50lbs or more on a regular basis
- Good oral and written communications skills (English)
- Windows based computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- A valid driver's license in good standing for a minimum of 3 years
- Must be able to work rotating holidays and weekends
- Must be a team player
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To balance production and animal care at Lampire with the goal of providing consistent, high quality products and services to our customers with complete and accurate documentation
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Animal care AM/PM daily
- Complete daily production which may include injections, bleeding, milking etc.
- Maintain animal living areas
- Document findings and job completions in the required logs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extremes in temperature, and occasionally farm equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can vary from minimal to loud.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching at various times throughout the day. The employee will need to be able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
Lampire Biological Laboratories
AnimalView all jobs at Lampire Biological Laboratories