Laboratory Animal Technician
- $18 to $22 Hourly
Scope of Responsibility: The project related functions for the small lab animals, including but not limited to mice, rats, guinea pigs, and hamsters. This person will be responsible for preparing and administering injections, performing bleeds, processing bleeds and updating records as needed. To perform animal procedures as the project dictates on small laboratory animals and input data at Lampire with the goal of providing consistent, high quality products and services to our customers with complete, accurate documentation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Requirements: Qualifications based upon education, resume and/or work experience.
- AALAS certification, and familiarity with USDA and AAALAC regulatory requirements a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English) and mathematics skills are required.
- Must be a team player, like working with animals, and demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of animals.
- Must have the ability to comprehend, carry out, and relay multiple verbal and written instructions including SOP's and study protocols.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and organized records.
- Windows-based computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with cGMP quality systems and manufacturing operations
- Ability to give directions, train others and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of the metric system
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform manual and semi-skilled work in connection with the bleeding, injecting, and dosing of small laboratory animals.
- Maintain animal project related records.
- Clean and maintain facilities inside and out on a daily basis.
- Observe and report signs of disease/illness and help treat minor cases of these.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a scientific field with a HS Diploma, 0-2years with a Bachelor's Degree.
This position is moderately active and requires standing, walking, bending, and moving throughout the lab. The employee will need to be able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
Conditions inside the lab and generally quiet, periodically there may be mid-level noise from various equipment.
Lampire Biological LaboratoriesPipersville, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.