The project manager is accountable to supervise construction projects from beginning to end. The project manager will ensure projects are completed within specific time and budgetary constraints. The project manager may lead a team of employees in an efficient and effective manner, while hitting necessary goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine the labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction site.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to staff, and the representing owner.
- Plans layout of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and cost tracking reports.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies at the construction site.
- Must be able to problem solve
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being organized
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
- Will be required to travel to job sites
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor