The Logistics Manager is responsible for supporting the supply chain through data collection, analysis and freight claim ownership. The Logistics Analyst will be a key contributor in freight savings initiatives through carrier negotiations and continuous improvement. This role will have key interactions with the logistics and distributions leadership for the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with carriers, freight payment providers, and other logistics third-party partners
- Collect, validate, and analyze data to establish and maintain logistics KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce waste
- Evaluate and help settle logistics claims for all lines of business
- Assist in problem solving and design solutions for transportation network
- Maintain and update internal documentation for internal training and reference
- Inform team in a timely manner of cost changes, shipment issues, and supply concerns
- Assist in developing and implementing savings and process improvement programs with carriers, suppliers, customers, other transportation related providers, and internal site locations
- Proactively communicate and advise on trends, changes in transportation industry, or other logistics related factors that may impact the transportation of product
- Create SOPs and conduct quarterly/annual performance assessments on carriers based on spend level
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement and business development
- Evaluate trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and service levels
- Owns and develops Standard Operating Procedures to meet the ongoing needs of efficient and timely deliveries.
- Helps ensure that customer complaints and service issues are resolved in a timely manner with proactive resolutions set in place for any future issues that may arise.
- Manages the planning and execution of disaster recovery plans.
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned
- Bachelor degree required, 5 years operational management experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a logistics related field.
- Previous experience in supply chain and logistics
- Negotiation skills with carriers/vendors
- Experience in Carrier Management and/or Logistics Supplier Management
- Ability to think analytically, creatively, and independently with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Lean or Continuous Improvement Certification
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, advanced level MS Excel user
- Strong leadership and management skills required including but not limited to setting strategy, coaching, progressive discipline, succession planning, etc.
- Demonstrated coaching skills, both coaching for success and coaching for improvement.
- Strong delegation, change management, project management skills required.