Manages the interface of our Company and our Customer base to provide immediate information on available products and services. Seeks, takes and processes orders for sale the products and services to existing and potential customers. Maintains customer account information, product specification and pricing information. Resolves customer conflict by listening to and documenting customer complaints, involving other employees and the customer service departments if needed, and seeing that the customer receives an answer. Coordinates selling activities and provides support services to the field Sales team to meet sales volume goals and objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with existing and potential customers to proactively and reactively sell Lamons products and services through consultative selling.
- Coordinates selling and servicing activities with Outside Sales group and peers.
- Participates in major account planning process with Outside Sales group.
- Creates and maintains accurate customer database records by entering customer calls, results and order information.
- Develops long-term repeat customer relationships.
- Quotes established pricing verbally and via email. Pro-actively follows-up on all quotes.
- Develops and maintains current product knowledge. Keeps informed of market, new products or services, applications, regulations, technical information, competition, warranties and product reliability and other general information of interest to the customer.
- Initiates order process through computer, in a timely fashion. Follows-up on as many orders as possible to determine customer satisfaction. Keeps track of follow-up calls and share results with Manager.
- Initiates credit application process and secure tax exemption documentation, working effectively with Lamons Accounting department in getting credit checks processed.
- Provides product and delivery information to customers by obtaining necessary information from Shipping, Manufacturing, Engineering or Sales Support employees.
- Initiates resolution of any problems or complaints from customers. Documents complaints and obtains assistance when necessary from departments or employees to help resolve the situation. Responds to customer request concerning product quality, delivery service, and product information with an emphasis on resolving customer’s issues. Involves Manager when necessary.
- Uses telephone, word processing and related office equipment in fulfilling daily requirements.
- Offers and obtains assistance from peers or Supervisor when needed. Maintains flexibility in performing other related task or functions as required or assigned.
- On occasion, travel may be required for trade shows staffing, training sessions, Sales meetings or customer visits.
- Keeps Outside Sales group updated as quickly as possible on important activities with Customers they manage.
- Performs other related functions as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of:
Sales Information System
Customer Order Process - Symix
- Microsoft Word, Windows
- Knowledge of gasket industry, product specifications, manufacturing processes/capabilities, materials and product cost/pricing.
- Selling techniques which include the ability to negotiate, motivate, persuade and the ability to perform effective presentations if necessary.
- Basic understanding of business ethics.
- Knowledge of production processes and flow of product.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to develop price quotations for products.
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Inside Sales Training or Customer Service Training desirable.
- Up to three (3) years of successful experience ideally as an Inside Sales Representative or Customer Service Representative, preferably in a manufacturing organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; capable of listening intently; visual acuity to process paperwork. Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.