Under minimal general directions from the Maintenance Supervisor, cleans the exterior and interior of the vehicles including cleaning windows, removal of trash, cleaning the restroom and emptying the holding tank for the toilet. Reports any new vehicle damage to the Maintenance Supervisor or Managerial Staff.
Uses equipment such as pressure washer, mop, mop bucket, vacuum cleaner, broom, window squeegee, dusting cloths, spray applicators, cleaning solutions and other equipment as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Performs cleaning work in the interior and exterior of vehicles in the areas specified by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Sweeps and mops the vehicle floors
- Washes and/or wipes the seats, sidewalls, ceiling, HVAC ducts, handrails and driver’s area
- Cleans the windows inside and outside
- Empties trash receptacles
- Cleans lavatory
- Mixes the proper portions of cleaning supplies together for cleaning
- Vacuums when necessary
- Installs passenger information signs inside buses
- Records on the inventory cleaning supplies used
- Occasionally additional assignments will be given due to a complete cleaning of the interior of a vehicle, including shampooing upholstery, remove debris in window frames, and all other areas in need of cleaning.
- Performs other related functions as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have a knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work
- Must have physical ability to operate any cleaning equipment used
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Ability to read and understand directions on cleaning chemical containers to properly dilute cleaning agents to safe and effective levels
- Ability to work alone and complete the assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time and with little supervision
- High school or GED equivalent
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Availability for evening/night and weekend shifts