Position Title: Creative Worship Social Media and Communication Specialist
Position reports to: Senior Pastor
Position relates to: Senior and Associate Pastor’s Assistant Specialist
This position is responsible for the administrative support necessary to ensure the efficient operation and delivery of the Church’s weekly worship service events, social media, website, phone app and related programs. We are searching for a permanent part-time employee for our office. We need a team player with a good attitude and strong organizational skills that has wide computer skills.
Essential Job functions/responsibilities include:
- Preparing the Orders of Worship for each of the worship services in advance of the weekly Worship meeting and recording any post meeting adjustments,
- Taking notes from the weekly Worship meeting, emailing worship coordinators with assignments and special informational notes,
- Maintaining all social media accounts including Facebook, website, LoG phone app and others.
- Updating the official Worship Schedule on the network (Planning Center) and scheduling worship events in the “Church 360” system to reserve the necessary Church facilities,
- Creating a weekly print version of the order of Worship in Microsoft Publisher,
- Managing the weekly printing, and assembling of the Sunday worship service bulletins for each worship service,
- Ordering Music, Communion and other worship supplies and coordinating their placement in the services,
- Supporting the administrative needs of the Worship process through;
- Recording the weekly attendance in Church 360,
- Maintaining the filing within the Church’s digital music library,
- Supporting the Music Director’s communications, rehearsal scheduling and other duties.
- Coordinating weddings with the Church’s Wedding Coordinator, and
- Other duties as assigned
Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership. Possesses a heart for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, associate/bachelor’s degree in communications or similar degree is preferred,
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clerical/administrative experience is required,
- Prior experience in a faith-based ministry service is a plus
- Lutheran worship understandings is a plus
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) is a plus,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook, web site and social media design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, creative, with the ability to multi-task, and
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
The work environment is a professional office arrangement. As a church, it is important to convey a serving attitude and accommodating spirit to our members, guests and other people who interact with the church. This is a part-time position of 30 hours per week. The normal work schedule for this position are Sunday 7am-12n, Monday thru Thursday 8:30am-3pm
Salary = $12.00
Travel: None required.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or requirements that are necessary for the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time and with or without notice. Ability to be a team player and flexible in fulfilling needs as requested or as observed is expected.
Job Type: Part-time
- Data Entry: 3 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Required Working Days: